Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith Trailer

Discuss films.
Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:57 am

It is my firm opinion that the first teaser trailer for The Phantom Menace was the most well constructed trailer ever, followed closely by the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind trailer.
--Joe.

Simon

Post by Simon » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:17 am

I am getting easily swept along in the anticipation of Episode III. The trailer is really excellent, but it is worth remembering that The Phantom Menace was looking good until we all saw it.

I'm actually kind of strangely nervous about it. I loved the original trilogy and really want the last ever Star Wars movie released to be great, the awesome treat of tragic drama and action that it promises to be. We'll see, I guess!

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Simon wrote:I am getting easily swept along in the anticipation of Episode III. The trailer is really excellent, but it is worth remembering that The Phantom Menace was looking good until we all saw it.

I'm actually kind of strangely nervous about it. I loved the original trilogy and really want the last ever Star Wars movie released to be great, the awesome treat of tragic drama and action that it promises to be. We'll see, I guess!

Episode III DOES have the potential of being the best of the prequels because well... THIS was the story George wanted to tell. Episode 1 and 2... that was just intro to what is going to happen in this movie.

There's also hope because when Ep3 began production, two Lord of the Rings films have already hit the screen. Surely George has seen those and I hope it gave him the ass-kicking he needed to really push himself.

I look forward to it. ...even though if deep down, I know a lot of the acting will suck.
My name is Dave.

agent44

Post by agent44 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:05 pm

I don't understand the jaded starwars fan. It's always been fun for me. The new ones are fun too. Maybe people take it too seriously? You have no idea how excited I am for this movie.

A little bird told me that Hasbro has the licence to make starwars toys until 2017. The bird also told me that they have every intention to keep making toys up until that point. And since you can't sell toys unless you have movies leads me to believe that we'll be seeing more starwars. Though probably not from lucas, since he said he's done after EIII. So, they'll be made by soneone else's hand. 2017... doing the math at 3 year intervals that's four more movies. Between that, the live action TV series and more animated series there's going to be plenty of starwars....maybe too much?

Here's a tidbit about EIII. There is a scene in the movie that is so disturbing for child viewers that Hasbro petitioned Lucas twice to take it out of the movie cause kids would be too shocked to want a darth vader toy. Lucas stuck to his guns and left it in, despite their wishes and a possible PG-13 rating.

And here's one of the new toys:

Possible Spoiler

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:13 am

You can keep pumping out toys in line with re-releases though, like in the 90s with the Special Editions in cinemas. I think Lucas might be planning to put the whole saga in theatres again.

Speaking of Star Wars toys, I have a bunch of Kenner figures and vehicles, and a Micromachines Millennium Falcon/Rebel fleet, from when I was little and played with them, still cluttering up my room. I like the Lego stuff most of all though. Lego is brilliant, and when you throw Star Wars into the mix, it's irresistable. If I had time now, I'd collect a whole bunch of the Lego sets.

Interesting if Hasbro have the license until 2017, Lego apparently only have it until 2007.

Yuikio

Post by Yuikio » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:21 pm

I know that it will suck, especially Hayden Christiansen, but I am planning on seeing it regardless. "I killed them. Like animals." Ugh. He's like an overgrown child actor, the kind that stops the momentum of a good movie with their badness. There's a good reason he's been in no movies since Episode II.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:03 am

Yuikio wrote:I know that it will suck, especially Hayden Christiansen, but I am planning on seeing it regardless. "I killed them. Like animals." Ugh. He's like an overgrown child actor, the kind that stops the momentum of a good movie with their badness. There's a good reason he's been in no movies since Episode II.
To be fair, he was in that Shattered Glass movie and Life as a House. But I agree... he's horrible. He acts like he's acting... and that's really bad. His facial expressions are there... but his voice and delivery need more confidence.

"Excuse me, ma'lady. I'm in charge of security." UGH!
My name is Dave.

gau dog

Post by gau dog » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:53 pm

I'm not a Star Wars geek, but I'm still highly anticipating this. I'd love to see more Yoda action as well as the Anakin/OB1 duel. But I don't want to see any "Titanic" lovemaking scenes.

kamikazestyle

Post by kamikazestyle » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:04 pm

simon wrote:You can keep pumping out toys in line with re-releases though, like in the 90s with the Special Editions in cinemas. I think Lucas might be planning to put the whole saga in theatres again.
lucas has already stated that hes converting all 6 films to 3D and rereleasing them one a year. aparently you wont need glasses or something.

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/story/P ... _91017.asp
gau dog wrote:But I don't want to see any "Titanic" lovemaking scenes.
lucas was quoted as saying "the third movie is going to be like Titanic in space"

i guess youre out of luck on that hope.

gau dog

Post by gau dog » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:43 pm

Actually, what I really meant was I don't want to see Hayden Christiansen with his shirt off even if it means not seeing Portman with her shirt off! None of that sweaty sex scene stuff.

Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:22 pm

Two things:
1-The new trailers gives me hope, but I'm still can't help remembering my dissapointments with I and II.
2-
I just hope Hayden does a better job acting this time around. And while we're on acting, I hope Sam Jackson does a better job too. He's excellent in EVERY MOVIE except the star wars!
I haven't seen any of Hayden's other work, but I've heard it's good. The thing to remember for all of the actors in these movies, is that they're following Lucas' Directing. It isn't a total excuse, but it does partially explain the difference in their quality of acting.
I wish I was better

tuck

Post by tuck » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:08 am

hayden has only a few lines in the attack of the clones animated shorts and he sounds whiney in all of them...

I have two friends who went to highschool with him and they said he was a bit of a dick back then. In hayden's defence, I don't know if it was because everyone was trying to knock him down a peg.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:40 pm

tuck wrote:hayden has only a few lines in the attack of the clones animated shorts and he sounds whiney in all of them...

I have two friends who went to highschool with him and they said he was a bit of a dick back then. In hayden's defence, I don't know if it was because everyone was trying to knock him down a peg.
Hayden wasn't the voice actor in The Clone Wars cartoons. It was someone else trying to sound like Hayden. And yep.. the guy was spot on with his whining!
My name is Dave.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:37 pm

Even though he (Hayden) comes off as douschey(sp?) in the animated ones, at least the story was good as compared to episodes I and II. The so called 'Star Wars' feel was definitely there which I and II lacked.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:01 pm

Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!