Gran Torino

Discuss films.
Josh-Ulrich

Gran Torino

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:37 am

I'm amazed nobody has posted about this film yet. I thought it was fantastic over all. The character development was strong, yet realistic. The movie kept the right mood all the time. You laugh, you cry, you shout "kick him again! kick him again!"

I was really impressed. Old Clint Eastwood doesn't do anything that I wouldn't personally believe Old Clint Eastwood could actually do.

Great flick.

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:41 pm

I really enjoyed this film as well... I thought the acting by anyone not named Clint was terrible though... I mean, like really bad. But, I powered through that, and enjoyed the movie on the whole...

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:36 pm

dik pose wrote:I really enjoyed this film as well... I thought the acting by anyone not named Clint was terrible though... I mean, like really bad. But, I powered through that, and enjoyed the movie on the whole...
Totally agree. Loved seeing Clint back in action. It's like they say, it's "vintage Eastwood". Everyone else could have been better.
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah the acting from all the neighborhood folk was pretty horrible. I believe he got people form his actual neighborhood to act in it? I could be wrong, but that's what I hear.

I thought the guy playing the Priest did a solid job, and the barber was hilarious.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah the priest and the barber were notable standouts. The thing that was so surprising to me, in a good way, was how funny the dialogue was. Some parts were hilarious. It definitely had a good mix of drama and comedy.
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!