Pixar's UP Teaser Trailer

Discuss films.

What do you think of the teaser?

Love it - can't wait for the movie!
63%
Not too good - I was hoping for some more footage.
No votes
Meh - I'll wait and watch.
38%

Total votes: 8

rohitiyer

Pixar's UP Teaser Trailer

Post by rohitiyer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:50 am

The teaser trailer is "up" here:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/up/

What do you guys think? Since this was released at Comic Con, it's a bit underwhelming. Considering that we got nothing about UP with Wall-E, I was expecting a bit more. It seems we'll have to wait till Bolt comes out.

I'm a bit put off by Pete Docter referencing Miyazaki - it comes off as kind of gimmicky to me.

Thoughts?

squirpy

Post by squirpy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 am

I loved what they showed at comic con. And didn't Pete Doctor only reference Miyazaki because someone asked him about it? And honestly, if ever a Miyazaki reference was warrented by a Pixar movie, I'd say it was this one. Whimsical flying house towed by balloons with unlikely pair of characters? Unique natural settings?
I'm often underwhelmed by their initial teasers (I had no desire to see Cars or Ratatouille from the first teaser) but the stuff they showed at comic con got me excited. I thought the acting on the old guy and the boy scout was hilarious. Especially when the kid refused to walk and got dragged.
This teaser from the official site is a bit less exciting.

btw, was anyone else surprised by how funny Bolt was?
I keep a sketchblog here

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:58 pm

hehe, this is always the way with Pixar teasers, so little to go on it evokes little more than a shrug of the shoulders. Thanks for the heads up though, i'd only seen the title graphic up until now. ^____^

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Bolt looked horrible from the trailers and...well everything save for the animation quality, but you're all saying it's good now huh? Well I guess I'll give it a chance. A small one, but a chance.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:37 am

NEW! UP TRAILER:

http://wdmp-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/wdsmp/Up/ ... ev_480.mov

I cried it looks so beautiful, and the characters seem great. I just hope the story is driven enough.

EDIT: "the unlikely pair encounter wild terrain, unexpected villains and jungle creatures."

NEVERMIND! I'm excited about this film! *has images of Goob in a hot air balloon as the 'unexpected villain'.*
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

MG

Post by MG » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:38 am

I just saw the new trailer, and I'm really excited about it now! It looks hilarious, really solid characters, and beautiful visuals, holy cow. And that dog is a crack-up.

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:55 am

dude. that dog is going to steal this movie. :)

Dresden Codak

Post by Dresden Codak » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Why does Pixar always have to remind us of all the movies it's made? I'm telling you it borders on insecure.

The animation looks solid, but I see no evidence of any compelling content. And that kid's voice is awful.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm just bummed they beat me to the bigger stage with an storyline featuring older characters and all. Lol, FDTN is just too small!

I'm really excited for this.

Azzamckazza

Post by Azzamckazza » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Dresden Codak wrote:Why does Pixar always have to remind us of all the movies it's made? I'm telling you it borders on insecure.

The animation looks solid, but I see no evidence of any compelling content. And that kid's voice is awful.
I think you'll find that its the Disney Marketing department that wants to remind us of all the Pixar movies in every trailer so as to distinguish themselves from the rest of the CG movies out there. Amazingly there are still people out there who don't know their Pixar's from their Dreamworks.
ImageImage

squirpy

Post by squirpy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:57 am

Azzamckazza wrote: I think you'll find that its the Disney Marketing department that wants to remind us of all the Pixar movies in every trailer so as to distinguish themselves from the rest of the CG movies out there. Amazingly there are still people out there who don't know their Pixar's from their Dreamworks.
Yeah, it was driving me crazy that they kept doing this until I realized that every time I talk to people who don't know as much about animation, they're like "I love Pixar! Shrek was great"
I keep a sketchblog here