Batman: Gotham Knight

Discuss films.
[adam]

Batman: Gotham Knight

Post by [adam] » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Comes out today!

First and foremost, I'm a big fan of Studio 4C, and I was ecstatic to hear that they were signed on for a few episodes. The DVD will explore Batman's journey from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight, with the signature storytelling styles and twists of production houses Studio 4C, Production I.G., and Madhouse. Although I don't think this will be as successful or well accepted as The Animatix (given the subject matter and subsequent fan base of Batman) I do expect it to be every bit as aesthetically successful.

It also pains me to see poor reviews on the DVD already, simply because half the people reviewing it acknowledge it's an anime, but don't actually seem to know what that means from a storytelling perspective, instead blaming, "a probable lack of communication between the writers and the studios"

But I'M excited! and hot damn, they even got Kevin Conroy to do the voices! (of old Batman: Animated Series fame!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfZ_FsQF ... t&um=1&ie=

I'll try and post a review once I watch it, but everyone's opinion is welcome as usual.

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Man, this was fun. I wish there were more little animation anthologies for superheroes (though they could grab a few American animators, too, y'know). It was great to hear Conroy's Batman again. :)

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:35 am

i'll be getting it! :D