Big Buck Bunny

Discuss films.
ChadTHX1138

Big Buck Bunny

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 pm

If you havent seen this go Download the HD version it is well worth it....oh my.

www.bigbuckbunny.org

Chad Townsend

nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:06 pm

As an exhibition of Blender 3D's capabilities, I think BBB is a great little short. The film looks pretty fantastic. However, as far as story and animation are concerned, I don't think it holds up to what you'd find, say, in a Pixar short. There are some glaring logic problems in the narrative and the animation sometimes seems a bit off.

I've been using Blender 3D myself since January, and it's an impressive program. To see it produce images of this quality is amazing. The interface isn't perfect but, for anyone interested in learning 3D, it's a fantastic resource.

ChadTHX1138

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:08 am

I have been a 3D studio user for 13 years...blender has never impressed me until now.

As for story and pacing.....I was entertained...I had a really good laugh or two. I didn't see much wrong with it. considering it was done by a bunch of guys for nothing but time and their personal resources on open source software. This was a pretty good accomplishment and i am willing to forgive any flaws.

Look at what Blue Sky did with their bunny short....
Chad Townsend