Confession Time: Name the "bad" movie that you lov

Discuss films.
hethe

Post by hethe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:58 am

Mr. Deeds with Adam Sandler. Saw it last night and thought it was hilarious! Had heard it didn't do well so I looked it up on RT to see it got a 22%. I have bad taste I guess :D
"The object of art is not to reproduce reality, but to
create a reality of the same intensity."
-Giacometti

LetsMeetUpInParadise240

Post by LetsMeetUpInParadise240 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:07 am

I retract my last entry (that being "Me, Myself and Irene" for a 'bad' film. The one awful film that I can't help but enjoy, is Jean Claude Van Damme's "Bloodsport." Cool fights scenes, yes. But awful dialogue, acting and direction. Lame and contrived emotional moments. Corny 80's soundtrack (which I actually kind of like :P). And of course, Jean Claude Van Damme is in it who HAS to sleep with the lead female character. Who has to be the more disciplined and wisest fighter out of every one in the Kumite.

But it's a movie I can't help but enjoy every time it comes on TV. The earlier flashback sequence is awesome though.
Remember to breathe.....

Tony

Post by Tony » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:53 pm

thirdeyeh wrote:Oh yeah, I also really like The Rundown with The Rock and Stifler from American Pie. It was so over the top, but hilarious and not a bad movie to just sit back and enjoy.
You know? That movie SHOULD have been bad. It sounds like a joke. I can imagine some hollywood producers, stoned out of their gourd, sitting around... this is how it goes:

Producer 1:
DUDE, you should totally make a movie with... uh.. THE ROCK. and STIFFLER. TOGETHER. huh huh
Producer 2: huh huh
Producer 3: And, uh... CHRISTOPHER WALKEN
Producer 1: ha ha ha ha
Producer 2: ha ha ha ha
Producer 3: ha ha ha ha
Producer 1: Ohhhh, that would be so sweet.
Producer 2: You could never...
Producer 1: You could never make that happen. That would be... DUDE I DARE you...
Producer 3: Dude, make that movie. Do it.
Producer 2: Hunh?
Producer 1: DO IT. Make that movie. It would make a shedload of money.
Producer 2: (obviously not high enough): but that's stupid. What kind of movie could I put THE ROCK, STIFFLER, and CHRISTOPHER WALKEN in?
Producer 3: Dude, does it matter?
Producer 1: DUDE DO IT
Producer 3: Ring ring. Hello? Yes. Oh hey, Dude, it's your sister. She wants to meet me at her place in half an hour and SHE SAYS DO IT.

And yet, despite the movie clearly being birthed as a joke, it turned out awesomely. I was really, really surprised how much fun that movie was.

Vince

Post by Vince » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:57 pm

I personally don't count this as a "bad movie", really, but there are those who dislike it, so...

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

I love this movie. I even love the cheesy dialogue and dumb jokes. This movie put pretty much everything i really like on the screen all at once and made it look gorgeous. Most of all, I feel like it was a really earnest work... and I give a lot of leeway to works of art that wear their hearts on their sleeves.

flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Does the original Dune movie count as a "bad" movie? Most reviewers rip it apart and even Lynch said he never should have made it, but I still love it.

Realistically there hasn't been a perfect Dune movie yet as the made for Sci-Fi ones were nice but they lacked the grittiness of the original. Although the second one wasn't too bad.

I'd like to see new remakes for the big screen though.
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home ] ‡

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:47 pm

Tony wrote:
thirdeyeh wrote:Oh yeah, I also really like The Rundown with The Rock and Stifler from American Pie. It was so over the top, but hilarious and not a bad movie to just sit back and enjoy.
You know? That movie SHOULD have been bad. It sounds like a joke. I can imagine some hollywood producers, stoned out of their gourd, sitting around... this is how it goes:

Producer 1:
DUDE, you should totally make a movie with... uh.. THE ROCK. and STIFFLER. TOGETHER. huh huh
Producer 2: huh huh
Producer 3: And, uh... CHRISTOPHER WALKEN
Producer 1: ha ha ha ha
Producer 2: ha ha ha ha
Producer 3: ha ha ha ha
Producer 1: Ohhhh, that would be so sweet.
Producer 2: You could never...
Producer 1: You could never make that happen. That would be... DUDE I DARE you...
Producer 3: Dude, make that movie. Do it.
Producer 2: Hunh?
Producer 1: DO IT. Make that movie. It would make a shedload of money.
Producer 2: (obviously not high enough): but that's stupid. What kind of movie could I put THE ROCK, STIFFLER, and CHRISTOPHER WALKEN in?
Producer 3: Dude, does it matter?
Producer 1: DUDE DO IT
Producer 3: Ring ring. Hello? Yes. Oh hey, Dude, it's your sister. She wants to meet me at her place in half an hour and SHE SAYS DO IT.

And yet, despite the movie clearly being birthed as a joke, it turned out awesomely. I was really, really surprised how much fun that movie was.
All I can do is laugh at that because it sounds so true.

flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 am

So in a weird twist, I guess there is a new Dune remake in the works. To be directed by Peter Berg.

I'm not quite sure what to think about that one.
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home ] ‡