Die Hard 4

Discuss films.
Tony

Die Hard 4

Post by Tony » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Did anyone else enjoy this film as much as I did?

And did anyone else feel as guilty about enjoying it?

I mean, you'd think it has a lot of things going against it. You have to forget everything you know about how computers work. You can see all the bits coming about 20 minutes in advance. And the whole thing seems like it was targeted towards really conservative audiences (Mclane's a traditional dude fighting against all this new-fangles techmology).

He rides on the back of a fighter jet, for frick's sake (not a spoiler! It's in the trailer!)

But despite all that (or maybe because of that?), it was so much damn fun. I was literally shouting at the screen, much to the dismay of the rest of the people in the theatre. Man, when he drives the cop car out of the tunnel?

And the little bits of Parkour? That stuff never gets old.

And the dude from the Mac commercials? Plays so well against Bruce Willis.

Oh man, too much fun. So I went back and watched the first three movies, and wow - Die Hard 1 holds up REALLY well today.

Why is this movie so good? I feel like all the elements that went into it - if they had gone into another movie, it would be crap. Is it the level of execution? It is Bruce Willis' charisma?

Disclaimer: I liked Bad Boys 2, too. Ha ha ha.

Sarah Mensinga

Post by Sarah Mensinga » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:22 pm

I liked it too! :D

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:52 am

This is my favorite film of the summer so far. Justin Long gives such a great performance and the direction by Len Wiseman is also pretty solid. What really makes the film special, though, is the earnestness exhibited by everyone involved. You can really sense the love that went into the project, and it has a real underdog feel to it. A great throwback to the original Die Hard.

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:59 am

me three! just- really fun. i think i'm just tired of so many films taking themselves too seriously or something. i don't know.

but john mcclane is awesome. die hard 1 is one of the best action films ever.