Another remake...

Discuss films.
SonOfaRich

Another remake...

Post by SonOfaRich » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:31 pm

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/theinvasion/trailer1/

Here we go again with "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". This does look good though.
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:30 pm

Ugh. If they ever remake Jaws I am going to have a hard time going to the theater ever again.

Joseph Park

Post by Joseph Park » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:31 am

thirdeyeh wrote:Ugh. If they ever remake Jaws I am going to have a hard time going to the theater ever again.
But you have to love that they they are remaking "Revenge of the Nerds!"

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:10 am

I guess. I wish they would stop wasting money on remakes. When film and audiences finally grow up and treat the medium seriously on a wide audience level I am going to be so happy. That means not redoing a movie over and over again, or having six sequels for no reaosn other than money. Big budget movies and concepts based on an orginal idea is all I'm asking forl.. Is that so terrible. I don't mind an occasional franchise and all, but this crap is getting out of control. I mean seriously, what is that the third time Invasion has been redone? Let it go. Move on. If they have nothing better to do with the money then I can direct them to a few outstanding charities that could use the help.

Sorry, this topic heats me up. :( I'm gonna go watch some Lost and Pan's Labyrinth or something to get the taste out of my mouth.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:11 am

Oh and I recently read that Spielberg is considering directing a remake of Jaws... I have the sadness. May it never be please!!!

LetsMeetUpInParadise240

Post by LetsMeetUpInParadise240 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:11 am

Tell you what....watch some Batman Begins or Children of Men too.

Now there's quality filmmaking for you. :)
Remember to breathe.....

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 am

see and I love both of those, but Children of Men is based on a novel and Batman Begins if for all purposes a sequel. They're great, but I want more completely orginal ideas to be put forward. In all mediums. why is that in Books and Comics and even Tv really, its the orginal idea this is huge but in movies its always based on something else. Almost entirely. in general... whatever.

Which is why I'm not too thrilled at M. Night doing Avatar, Harry Potter or anything else. I love that he creates his own things and more often than not they do very well.