Stardust (2007)

Discuss films.
jshamblin

Stardust (2007)

Post by jshamblin » Sat May 12, 2007 3:53 am

A promising movie written by Neil Gaiman starring Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Claire Danes, Ian McKellen and Peter O'Toole.

Release Date:
10 August 2007

Synopsis:
One fateful night, Tristran Thorn promises the most beautiful girl in the rural, English village of Wall, Victoria Forester, that he will retrieve a fallen star for her from beyond the wall that borders their village and separates it from the Faerie realm. Tristran bravely sets out to fetch the fallen star and therefore win the hand of his love, along the way encountering witches, faeries, and unimaginable creatures.

Links:
http://www.stardustmovie.com/site.htm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486655/

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:09 pm

i liked it! it wasn't perfect, but it was actually better then i thought it was going to be. they stuck fairly close to the original story and a lot of the visuals were familiar to vess's artwork. it made me remember how much i loved that book and makes me want to reread it again. plus, i think i'm just a sucker for claire danes. :wink:

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:08 pm

I just saw it. It was really, really good. Much better than it looked from the trailer.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

elara

Post by elara » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:55 pm

I enjoyed it and I think it improved from the book, which was pretty enjoyable in the first place.

Just good pure fun and very sweet!
~~ Elara