First "Complete" Story

Post comics.
Ashwara

First "Complete" Story

Post by Ashwara » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 pm

I put "complete" in quotes because it's only a one page comic, although it's a long one page. It was made for a competition on deviant art, in which you are pitted against an opponents original character, and you draw them killing, maiming, and/or hurting the other character in some way, ha ha.

I hate to post a link, but if I uploaded it to photobucket, it would resize it.

If you have any thoughts, feel free to tell me, ha ha.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50743517/

Scott Hallett

Post by Scott Hallett » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:40 am

I really like the comic. I'm surprised you were so easily able to make the two characters seem like they were from the same universe...flows really well. My only criticism would have been the lettering, it's hard to read, but other than that it's great.

Og

Post by Og » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:47 am

Nice story arc. Very well done and unexpected.
ImageImage

Ashwara

Post by Ashwara » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Thanks for the comments. Yeah the dialogue is really poorly drawn, it probably would have been better to just use a font, ha ha. I should learn how to make my own.

Og

Post by Og » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 pm

If you do it by hand, people will say they can't read it. If you use a font, people will say you should do it by hand. There is seriously no way to escape this issue without someone complaining.

Follow your instinct.
ImageImage

Ashwara

Post by Ashwara » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:50 pm

Ha ha, good point, Og. I guess I'll just do what's more comfortable. Anyways, here's round two of that contest:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51332791/

Scott Hallett

Post by Scott Hallett » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:45 pm

I'm actually a fan of both (handwritten and computer generated) fonts, I just mention it in this case because I found this particular one hard to read. Personal preference I suppose. Still like the comic though.

ElnJJ

Post by ElnJJ » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:02 pm

I like the soft splashes of colour here. :) But three minutes to change your brush size? I thought my computer was slow. You're obviously very determined! :o :)

Re the lettering, I tend to think handwritten text has more character; but maybe write everything in capitals to improve readability? :)

Ashwara

Post by Ashwara » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:57 am

Maybe it would have been better if I hadn't been writing it in digitally. My handwriting is much better with a pencil then with a tablet, haha.

I might try that all capitals thing. Good idea! I'm glad you liked it, and I was indeed determined. I'm a patient man, but computers are the one thing that can get me boiling almost to the point of irrationality. Ha ha ha. But I persevered and finished it.