A page of first

Post comics.
Ashwara

A page of first

Post by Ashwara » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:21 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, so... yes! Ha ha. I guess I'll start out by posting the first page of a comic I am doing, to see what people think. I mean you can't judge too much by one page, but that's alright.

It's the first comic I've done [though I've been drawing for quite a while, of course]. The panels aren't too complicated, but that's for two reasons: one, because i don't have too much experience, and two because I think complex panels distract from what is inside and from the clarity of the story.

Also I still need to clean up a few edges and clarify the [very minimal] diologue, so just pay attention to the art. Ha ha ha.

Anyways, without further ado!

Dom

Post by Dom » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Welcome! Since I am probably even more inexperienced than you, I can't help you much :) I think it looks good, except maybe for the ocean/river in the third panel. I guess it should be a river leading into the ocean, but it kinda looks like a waterfall. But I wouldn't know how to change that, so I guess you have to hope for an experienced Flighter to drop by!
I also like your coloring, by the way.

Ashwara

Post by Ashwara » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Well actually it is a waterfall, ha ha, so that's good. but perhaps I should clarify it. Thanks for commenting, and I'm glad you like the colouring.

Dresden Codak

Post by Dresden Codak » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:09 pm

Excellent work. I am infatuated with your coloring style. With regards to the waterfall, you can help bring it out by dropping the lightness of the ocean in the background, so the color values of the two bodies of water aren't so close.

Swizec

Post by Swizec » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:03 am

It feels a bit too messy for my liking, somehow the colouring with it's sharp edges distracts from the objects and breaks them up too much making it too difficult for the brain to figure out what it's looking at.

But that's just my oppinion of course.