The Book of Bob!

Post comics.
davun

The Book of Bob!

Post by davun » Fri May 05, 2006 3:09 pm

Hello there,

I must first say how impressed I am with the level of art being presented at Flight Forums. Power to all of you here.

I would like to ask your feedback on a new web-comic that I have launched, it's a *little* different from what you guys generally do here, in that it is more minimalist, and if anything is driven by an idea first, rather than the burning need for a visual. Nonetheless, I believe in my work, and would appreciate any comments you may have. Here's a sample image :

entitled alien abduction crisis

:)

The website address is :

http://www.thebookofbob.net

I have 7 online, updates 1 or 2 times a week ( I have an offline portfolio of 150+, which continues to grow ). Next update this weekend.

Thanks for your time!

David

lhrybyk

Post by lhrybyk » Fri May 05, 2006 6:18 pm

Very enjoyable work. The simplicity is its genius. Sometimes a little goes a long way. Wait...i'm kind of sounding like a fortune cookie. sorry. good stuff though. i'll look forward to more.

davun

Post by davun » Tue May 09, 2006 10:41 am

Thank you lhrybyk, that is high praise indeed! The new comic went up on Sunday, hope you enjoy it.

lhrybyk

Post by lhrybyk » Tue May 09, 2006 4:52 pm

I love it when i've looked at a comic for barely a second an start laughing. that's what your new comic did.

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Tue May 09, 2006 5:13 pm

funny stuff. the coat hanger one is my favorite. you might also like ryan's silent kimberly.

davidhopkins

Post by davidhopkins » Tue May 09, 2006 9:05 pm

I dig your cartoon style. Very enjoyable.
:: antihero ::

davun

Post by davun » Sun May 14, 2006 8:52 pm

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback - much appreciated!

Mr. Cow, yes indeed others have made the parallel to Kimbly, and much of those cartoons are very enjoyable. In fact, some people have even advised me to mute my characters, so enamoured are they by Kimbly!!! But how, oh how could you have a Seal that does not go 'oi, oi, oi'? I must say, this comic has been developed over years of continued experimenting, and tests. Suddenly launching it as a webcomic is a fascinating experience, as suddenly you get comparisons to x, y, and z, really a whole world I knew little about before. I think what makes mine different is that Bob is a 'one-shot' production - I have no plan B, this is it, at least for now.

The new one is up, hope you all enjoy! The new one is a bit darker than the ones currently up ( in fact, some of my cartoons will sadly never be on the website, as they are simply too dark / suggestive, even though I find them hilarious, it might turn away the kids and parents ... alas ).

http://www.thebookofbob.net