STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:03 am

So, as readers of our BLOG will know, I got married last week! Yay! What an amazing day, I can't describe how it felt, just so wonderful and so many of our great friends and family there to enjoy it with us. As soon as I've got the official pics back I'll post a few in here!

In the meantime, whilst I was away Monkey Nuts and the Diamond Egg of Wonders hit the bookshops, and if you buy it from THIS SITE you can get FREE DELIVERY to anywhere in the world!!!!! I'm not kidding! Go to it!

Today let's start the week with something a bit different, though, here's a little character sketch from my "Been writing it for years really need to start drawing it now" personal project, which goes under the working title of Stranski.

Back soon with a few dates for public appearances we'll be making with the Monkey Nuts book!

Lorenzo!

Last edited by Lorenzo on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Right, Folks! We're going to be doing a few appearances over the coming months, I wanted to let you know about some of 'em! Some are workshops, some are signings, and some are a bit of both! Just follow the links to learn more!

20th - 24th September: The Etherington Brothers Tour Liverpool! Look out for local listings of schools and library events in the city!

Saturday 25th September:Graphic Novels: The New Revolution Dave McKean, Garen Ewing and Robin Etherington talk at the Bath Childrens Literature Festival.

Thursday 7th october: Monkey Nuts and the Diamond Egg of Wonders Book Launch at The Kew Bookshop in London.

Saturday 16th October: Birmingham International Comic Show. NOTE: We will be appearing on the SATURDAY ONLY of this two day show!

Saturday 23rd October: Crystal Palace Children's Book Festival. Workshop and signing.

Saturday 30th October: Cartoon Museum DFC Workshops and signing day. London.

Sunday 31st October: MCM Expo London. TBC.

So, despite my best attempts to get it all done before the wedding, I still have a lot of work on Baggage to do, which means pretty long days at the drawing board. To stop myself going stir crazy, and to keep my head fresh creatively, I tend to do a little bit of sketching in amongst it all. So here's another piece from Stranski.

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Another little Stranski character sketch to start the week!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:12 am

'Morning! Hey did you know it's just over THREE WEEKS until the MONKEY NUTS Book Launch Party in London!! Want to be there? Just read the details HERE!

In the meantime, here's another character from my Stranski book, and a little tentative experiment taking my first steps in Wiggle Stereoscopy.

Oh, and next week we're going to be on the road as the Monkey Nuts GO NUTS TOUR kicks off with 4 days in Liverpool! Yeah!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 am

Right, we're off to London today for a meeting about future projects and stuff, so I just have time to drop by and pop up another Stranski character.

Oh, and those of you wondering if The Lore of the Things is ever going to get updated, have no fear, once Baggage is finished at the end of this month I'll be back on it!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:11 am

Hey-hey, chipmunks! Here's another preview from Monkey Nuts : The Diamond Egg of Wonders.

You can pick up your copy in the uk through Amazon HERE, and if you're anywhere else in the world you can get it delivered POST FREE from HERE. Nice!!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Right, we're going to be kicking off our GO NUTS tour in Liverpool next week, doing workshops, signings, and appearances. Over the course of four days we're going to be seeing something like 1,200 children, and hopefully getting them excited about comic making, comic reading, and Monkey Nuts! We'll do our best to do a bit of blogging out on the road, if we can get to a computer!

To give your eyeballs a little Friday treat, here's another concept design for Stranski, enjoy!

Lorenzo!

P.S. Oh, and don't forget, if you're in or around Bath on Saturday 25th, Robin will be appearing on a panel at the Bath Festival of Children's Literature with Dave McKean and Garen Ewing. Details HERE!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Yes, sir, we're doing it again! Aren't we good to you guys?! For the next FIVE days you can get get 10% off both the giant El Sketchbook Lorenzo Deluxe Collection or the slightly smaller but equally packed Malcolm Magic big Kahuna Collection.

Just go HERE, pick your books, and at the final stage of the checkout enter the code "CHEERS" in the coupon code box.

Offer ends 22/09/2010

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:45 pm

So, let's start the week with a little Monkey Nuts goodness! Here's a break-down of a page from the book. Oh, and don't forget, you get the book delivered anywhere in the world for FREE if you buy it from HERE, and it's cheaper than Amazon! Whoop!

Don't forget too that it's just a week and a half until our Book launch in London! Hope to see you all there!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Another character from Stranski today. Check out that Bear's-Breath long range rifle... More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Sooo, more Stranski today! A little Femme to start your Tuesday...

Oh, and we've done a load of reports about all the appearances we've been getting up to over on our Blog this month, along with lots of other photos and stuff I haven't mentioned/shown in here, if you're interested, please head on over to our blog HERE and check it all out!

More in an instant!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:18 am

Hey folks, just a little one to remind you that Thursday 7th is the Monkey Nuts Book launch! Can't wait to see you all there! ALSO, if you want to come and meet us and get some swag signed, we'll be appearing at a few other cons and book festivals through October, check out the image and then GO HERE TO OUR CALENDER to see all the dates. Just click on the event you're interested in to learn more!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Let's start Monday off with something new, shall we? A little painting today...

Can't stop drawing my girl in her wedding dress...

:)

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 am

Right, here's a 2CV I can get on board with. Geeks will notice that the design is a mashup between the pre-war prototype and the 1948 model. Oh, and of course they never made 'em with a scaled down naval cannon bolted on the side! Or with stabilising legs for that matter...!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 am

Because drawing robots NEVER gets boring...

Oh and National Geographis Kids is giving you the chance to win some free copies of  our new book Monkey Nuts! GO HERE for details!

Lorenzo!