STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 am

Hey folks! Just wanted to swing by and drop in this little piece of fan art I did to celebrate the fact that Dave Shelton's awesome Good Dog Bad Dog book is now available online and in all good bookstores!

This is the first release from the new DFC Library, the same stable that will be bringing you our Monkey Nuts book in September.

Good Dog Bad Dog is basically awesome, so GO HERE to buy it from Amazon, and why not pre-order a few of the other 5 great titles coming from the DFC while you're at it?

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 am

Hey folks, just dropping in to invite you all to the opening night of my One Man Army solo exhibition of prints and paintings on Friday 26th March. Hope to see you all there, it's going to be a big one! Get directions to the Weapon of Choice gallery HERE.

I'll be posting up some production shots of the paintings soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 am

Hey folks, another of the prints from my One Man Army solo show opening Friday 26th.

Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:27 am

Hey folks, a little sneak peek at a couple of the paintings I've been working on for my show. These are in- progress shots, so they weren't quite finished when these snaps were taken, but I hope you like 'em anyway! They're just under A1 in size, and are acrylic, gouache, ink and marker on wood. They'll all be framed and under glass.

Right, I hope to see any of you folks who are in the area on Friday, the night runs from 6pm - 10pm at the Weapon of Choice Gallery here in Bristol.

See you there!

Lorenzo!

Show blurb:

"One Man Army unceremoniously opens up the bizarre mind of comic book artist Lorenzo! and spills it all across the walls of the Weapon of Choice Gallery. Featuring a series of graphic portraits of individuals who fall comfortably into the category of "best left alone" this cast of miscreants are a visual snapshot of Dark Pop for the post-Gorillaz generation. Alongside the seven big new paintings are a series of exclusive ONE OF ONE prints, restored from the archives and splashed with all the colours in the paint box that the other kids were too scared to use. Expect robots, monkeys, robot monkeys, the undead and the soon-to-be-dead. This is Uranium at Lead prices."

Craig Collins

Post by Craig Collins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 am

Wow! Why have I never looked at this thread before?!?

What to say? Well, it's lucky I'm no artist or I would be absolutely sick with envy... your work is stunning. It's teeming with great designs and ideas, huge pieces that are sumptously detailed and bursting with energy.

Amazing. I'm gonna go lurch about on your blog now!
Visit ROACHWELL....
Ugh... he's got a blog.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Hey Craig! Cheers pal, glad you enjoyed discovering the thread, lots more to come, stick around and enjoy!

It seems like only yesterday that we announced our next book, Monkey Nuts and the Diamond Egg of Wonders was to be part of the pre-Christmas wave of DFC
Library titles. Today we have immense pleasure in sharing the news that Sid and Rivet’s first grand monster-besting adventure can now be pre-ordered online from Amazon RIGHT HERE.

These books are big, beautiful, hardback, and at the moment they have 25% off on Amazon. Bargain!

There's plenty of previews of the interior artwork from this book already out here on the ole' internet, but if you want reminding check out THIS, THIS and THIS!

Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Hey folks, here's a few snaps from the opening night of my One Man Army exhibition, thank you SO much to all the good folks who came down on the night, it was extremely cool to see you all! A very special thank you also goes to my bro, who curated the show for me, and did a spectacular job. All that, and he'd only accept beer as payment! Cheers Bobby!

We were totally blown away by the response to the work, with about eighty percent of the show having sold by the end of the opening weekend. The exhibition runs until the 24th April.

BIG news coming very soon for all you sketchbook fans!!!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 am

So, Bob and I were lucky enough to be at the Mezolith Book launch last night, and what a lot of fun it was! Sarah McIntyre (genius creator of the DFC's Vern and Lettuce amongst other children's book-based delights) has blogged about it, so I'm going to shamelessly steal one of her photos and then point you in the direction of HER BLOG ABOUT IT to see more and read all about the night.

Oh, and buy Mezolith HERE, because frankly it's incredible, and I don't say that lightly! I'll be posting a bit of fanart up for the book very soon!

This pic from the night shows a whole host of DFC creators together:

(Front Row) Adam Brockbank and Ben Haggarty (Mezolith), (Back row) from left: Your pal Lorenzo, Dave Morris (Mirabilis), Sarah McIntyre (Vern and Lettuce), Emma Vieceli (Violet), David Fickling (publisher), Patrice Aggs (The Boss), James Turner (Super Animal Adventure Squad), John Aggs (John Blake, The Boss), and finally Robin!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:30 am

Well, I've been wanting to tell you all about this one for AGES, and I finally got the proof copy back, so I can officially announce that we'll be releasing a HUGE new sketchbook at the Bristol Comic convention in May!

El Sketchbook Lorenzo DELUXE COLLECTION: 2005 - 2010 collects together the first 4 volumes of the El Sketchbook series, and adds a further 200 pages of new concepts, scribbles and design sheets. The book weighs in at a whooping 600 pages, and features thousands of separate illustrations, together with step-by-steps, tutorials and exclusives.

This baby is, quite frankly, a monster, and we've managed to keep the price super low at just £24.95, which we think is pretty darned good value for book of this size!

The Deluxe Collection will be on sale at our stand at the show on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd May, though numbers of books at the show will be limited, so turn up early to avoid disappointment! The books will be released worldwide on Monday 24th May, though we won't be offering our "Kustom Sketch" service on this one, so if you want it sketched or signed by us, then get down to the show!

See you there!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:08 am

So, I'm a little late with this one, due to being busy working on Baggage, but here we go! The second book in the DFC Library is out now, and boy, it's a doozey! Mezolith by Adam Brockbank and Ben Haggerty is quite simply awesome! Beautiful art, fantastic stories, basically it's an incredible achievement, as anyone who has seen any of the pages from this book will testify.

Mezolith was of course launched in the DFC, but until you've seen it printed on the beeeeutiful paper stock of this new Hardback collection, you haven't truly experienced it. We were lucky enough to pick up a signed copy at the launch of the book, but for those of you who still don't own a copy, you can get it now on Amazon HERE.

To celebrate the launch, and hopefully in some way spread the word, I present here a piece of humble fan art, enjoy!

Lorenzo!

JP

Post by JP » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:48 am

Lorenzo wrote:Image
Dude, this is awesome! Looking forward to getting that sketchbook of yours. And that piece with the bear smoking a pipe - do you have a better pic of that? I want it for our studio. :)

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 am

Hey JP! Hope you're well pal! Thanks for the kind words, yes, a better image of the Bear pic will be posted up soon, along with a step-by-step of it's creation. Cheers for the kind words on the sketchbook, more news of it's online release soon!

A clunky ole' robot here, one of the prints from my OMA show. This baby also appears in my massive new sketchbook!

Lorenzo!

JP

Post by JP » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:42 am

So cool! :) Looking forward to it. Man, I'd like to know how long it takes you to do these. It'd take me like aaaaages. :)

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:49 am

Hey Bud! Well, the answer is, they do take me ages! Haha! Not sure on the tim, theres's a good few hours in that robot shot for sure! Thank you for the kind words as ever bro, and nice work on your strip as always, your colours are INCREDIBLY nice!

A little Friday sketch fun here, my take on a few of Marvel's finest, and Wonder Woman, 'cos she's a cutie!

Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:24 am

Well, my One Man Army exhibition has just come to an end, and the guys at the gallery have just let me know that it was a full sell out show, with every piece being snapped up! That's very awesome. Apparently this is the first sell out show the Weapon of Choice gallery has had, so I'm super-chuffed to hold that title! The exhibition was also given the honor of being #2 in the top ten arts and music events on it's launching weekend in Venue magazine.

Here then, is another step-by-step of one of the works that was in the exhibition, entitled "Gentlemen, I have some Important News". It's about A2 in size, and was drawn using black and white Molotow markers.

Oh, and you can also read an interview with me about the show and my work in the excellent WOC magazine HERE.

TONS more big stuff coming very soon!

Lorenzo!