STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Hey Househatke! Haha! Thank you, glad you liked the big fellah!

Sharpclaw! Ah, she was a character for our Malcolm Magic book. Glad she made you smile!

Hey folks, well, this took me a while to post up! Regular readers will remember that last September I drew a cover for issue 16 of Titan's Tranformers Comic in between all my Monkey Nuts and Dreamworks work, and I thought it was about time to post it up! You can see how the actual comic looked HERE. Lines and colours by me.

Oh, and those of you who regularly read Transformers will also know of course that my Brother has been writing stories for them for the past few months. Nice work bro!

More news in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

KJones

Post by KJones » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 am

Lorenzo wrote:Hey Househatke! Haha! Thank you, glad you liked the big fellah!

Sharpclaw! Ah, she was a character for our Malcolm Magic book. Glad she made you smile!

Hey folks, well, this took me a while to post up! Regular readers will remember that last September I drew a cover for issue 16 of Titan's Tranformers Comic in between all my Monkey Nuts and Dreamworks work, and I thought it was about time to post it up! You can see how the actual comic looked HERE. Lines and colours by me.

Oh, and those of you who regularly read Transformers will also know of course that my Brother has been writing stories for them for the past few months. Nice work bro!

More news in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Wow this is so detailed you're awsome.

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Excellent as always, sir. I love the organic border you gave it.
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:13 am

Kjones! Thank you! I did enjoy getting my geek on with all those fun mechanical details, glad you liked it!

Hey Seth! Cheers bro, glad you liked the roboty scribbling!

Hey folks, those of you who haven't been down to see the excellent group show I'm lucky enough to be involved in here in Bristol have about a week left to check it out. Here are some snaps from the opening night grabbed from the WOC flickr group, along with some progress shots and the final look of my piece in the show, which I'm happy to say sold on the opening night.

I'll also be drawing a huge piece live at a Weapon of Choice night here in Bris in a few weeks, more details of this in the next few days.

In the meantime, GO HERE to check out the WOC gallery and get details of how to get there.

Lorenzo!

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:57 am

Lot of graffiti works, i think i see a Seen? Lorenzo a writer?

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:14 am

Hey Kidvideo! Yeah, pal, and more graffiti today, enjoy!

Hey folks, just to let you know I'll be appearing at Mr Wolf's here in Bristol drawing live on the night of Tuesday 14th July, as part of the monthly Weapon of Choice live graffiti/hip hop nights. Those of you with sharp memories will recall that I appeared at one of these nights last year, and attatched you can see what I scribbled back then. This time I'll be doing something even bigger, and I think it's going to be a huge night with some very fine live hip hop and general goodness going on. Stay tuned for further details soon!

See y'all there!

Lorenzo!

P.s. Those of you who subscribe to the Blink Twice/Etherington Brothers Mailing List will have learnt this week that we have some very big announcements about new projects coming soon too, stay tuned!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:16 am

So, it's just over a week until I appear down at Mr Wolfs here in Bris with a Brick Tip in one paw, a San Miguel in the other, and a head full of Robots and Monsters, ready to draw up something special for the Weapon of Choice folks. There's going to be the usual excellent mix of live HipHop and Dubstep, along with the fine selection of brewskis one has come to expect from Mr Wolfs.

Get ALL the details over on the WOC blog HERE

See you there!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:17 am

Big thanks to all the folks who made it down to the Weapon of Choice night here in Bristol this week. Photos of the eve will follow soon, but for now here's a little shot of me just starting to cook up some lines...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:39 am

So, I've done whole load of Kustom Sketches for collectors of the El Sketchbook Lorenzo series recently, and I thought I'd show you the lineart and final Kolours for a few of 'em. For more information on how to commission your own sketch in a book, just wander on over to Comics Boutique.

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:10 am

"I need your clothes, your boooots , and your modddercycle..."

CHA-cha-cha-cha-CHANG!
Cha-cha-cha-cha-CHANG!

That's right, the future may not yet be written, but if it were, it'd be written by my bro! Hoho!

A little one to announce that my Bro is currently writing articles for the Terminator Salvation comic from the excellent Titan Magazines! Probaly the most prolific person I know, this is one of a whole slew of gigs Bobby has on the go at the moment, including working on several new books with me, of which we will be making announcements soon once the contracts are all signed!

In the meantime though, enjoy the robot-based goodness I scribbled up in honour of his latest work, and don't forget to pick up a copy of the comic!

Nice one bro!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:25 am

A little lineart/colours comparison from a sequence in the first Monkey Nuts book-length adventure...

More sooooon!

Lorenzo!

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:23 am

I havent looked in this thread for months - boy were I up for a treat! :) Loved seeing those photos of you drawing on the wall, cause it erased the whole "he cant be real"-image. I'm really loving your linework. I'll make sure to find out about your shows/exhibitions next time I'm in London. :)

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:53 am

Hey Muffin! Good to see you in here again, girl!! Thank you so much for the very kind post, I'm glad the thread still makes you smile, and that you believe I'm real! Haha! Stay tuned for news of a solo show I have coming up here in Bristol in the first half of next year, it's gonna be a fun one! Keep rocking, and cheers!

Here's a few more illustrations taken from the recently released El Sketchbook Lorenzo Volume 2: Rods and Rockets, which you can grab from Comics Boutique.

Volume 3 will bw out soon, stay tuned!

Oh, and you can now get volume 1 on AMAZON too, GO HERE to check it out!

Lorenzo!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 am

That Terminator is something I wouldn't expect to see you draw... much more serious than you're usual stuff. Pulled it off brilliantly, though.
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Hey Seth! Thanks, man, glad you like the ole' robot, was a lot of fun to do something different! Cheers!

One for those budding creators among you today! I've been asked to take part in a new series of articles over on DeviantArt.com entitled "Ask a Pro" aimed at exploring the many mysteries of the comics industry via Q&A sessions with professional artists and writers. This month's question was about how to break into the industry. For those of you with a passion for comics who want to work in this exciting industry, this will hopefully be a really helpful series of discussions. Here's a little excerpt:

"The theory we had back then, which has continued into all our current projects and will continue into the books we're signed to work on in the coming months and years, is that you never know WHO is going to see your work, or WHAT PART of it they're going to see. Every page, every piece of design, every post on your blog and every publication you appear in has the potential to end up in almost anyone's hands, so you should make sure that as far as possible, you produce your very best work in each and every single page and panel you illustrate..."

Read the full article HERE.

Lorenzo!