STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Maximo

Post by Maximo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:35 am

You're crazy.

I love it!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:12 am

Hey Maximo! Cheers!

Hey Everybody! Happy Holidays! Hope you all have a wonderul time!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:21 pm

More from the pages of Monkey Nuts here, featuring a nice lot of monsters, enjoy!

Monkey Nuts apears every week only in THE DFC!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Well, here we are at the start of 2009, and this year will be one full of surprises and exciting new comic-based projects as far as this ole' gallery of mine is concerned.

So, let's start as we mean to go on, with a preview for something I hope you're all going to be into, whatever your reason for stopping by these pages.

I'm currently undergoing the lengthy but enjoyable process of finally putting together an epic sketchbook for release later this year. This baby will be HUGE, and will document a whole stack of my work from the past few years, coving all the different comics and illustration work I've been involved in. Predominantly, it will be designed as a sort of inspiration book, ram-packed with sketches, concepts and ideas that will hopefully help fire-up and kick-start your own projects.

So, here, to give you an appetite for the book, is a little preview page. I'll be showing more of these each month, and of course I'll post up details of where you can buy the book when it's released.

In the meantime, sit back, and give your eyeballs a little trip through the scribblings offered below!

Lorenzo!

P.S. Oh, and as images this size sometimes go dead for a while due to heavy download traffic, you can always go see it in full in my DA gallery HERE

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:21 am

Another bit of book release news today...

A little teaser here for a small digest-sized book of pseudo vintage pinup magazine covers I've been working on for a while. I'll show you more of these and give you a link to the store where you can buy the book when I get closer to completing all the pages.

In the meantime, as mentioned last week, the first of my new big sketchbooks (Volume 1 will be themed "Girls and Monsters") is about 25% laid up, so expect news of it's release in the next 8 weeks or so...

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:37 am

Here's the cleaned lineart for the double-page spread I showed you progress shots of a few weeks ago. I'll be posting up the full colour final page in a while, hope you dig it!

Lorenzo!

JoeCar

Post by JoeCar » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey Lorenzo,

AWESOME STUFF MAN! I love the step by step you show. Do you sketch at all first or just go straight to pen?Regardless Amazing work Love the art the colors....Very inspiring. Keep up the great work

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 am

Hey Joe! Thank you for the kind words, that's very much appreciated! Yes, often I use a lightbox with a rough, but sometimes there's no time for roughs so I just go straight in with the ole' pens etc. Glad you've enjoyed looking through what's up here so far, lots more to come every week, hope you enjoy!

Here we go folks! As promised, the final colour version of those Monkey Nuts pages, enjoy!

Coming up in a bit, more news about the new concept/sketch books I'm going to be releasing soon.

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:03 pm

More random scribblings taken from my up-coming new series of sketchbooks. The books will weigh in at 100 pages, with black and white interiors, and each volume will take a different theme.

The first volume will be entitled "Girls and Monsters" and I'll be posting news about it's release, along with links to our store soon...

Lorenzo!

Steve LeCouilliard

Post by Steve LeCouilliard » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Wow! I want a copy of that sketchbook!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Hey Steve! Thanks, man, details of where you can get it will be announced soon! Cheers pal!

More from the world of Monkey Nuts today! A great big Hedge Monster!

Monkey Nuts appears every week only in the DFC! www.thedfc.co.uk

More in a moment!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 am

As many of you will know I've been lucky enough to work for Dreamworks on their Madagascar Comics, and around this time last year, I was also potentially going to work on a Kung Fu Panda strip.

Unfortunately, Monkey Nuts sheduling meant that my involvement got no further than these initial syle sheets, but here they are for those of you who like to see "the stuff that never saw the light of day"!

I had a lot of fun starting to work my style into Dreamworks' typically excellent character designs...

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 am

More Monkey Nuts today, this page from close to the start of Book 2, as Sid and Rivet begin their underground adventure!

Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Steve LeCouilliard

Post by Steve LeCouilliard » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:00 am

Whoah!

yolk

Post by yolk » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 pm

like always thrilling stuff!