STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
marooned

Post by marooned » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:28 am

Lorenzo, I just registered on this forum today, and had no idea you posted here, but I have been a huge fan of your stuff ever since I first stumbled on your ONITC stuff - which blew my socks off (literally - they flew off and across the room - it was crazy!)

So I was seriously jacked to see some of the unseen stuff. Awesome. I have to tell you that your artwork gives me GOOSEBUMPS it's so frakking good. Dude, I'm not kidding either. Looking at your stuff is a massive inspiration. I don't know how you do it.

I only wish your stuff was available in the US (especially the MOON stuff) because I would be all over it. I occasionally scour eBay for used stuff but nobody is selling! (Darnit, stuff is too good to let go!)

In any case, now that I know this is here and you post every week, much joy has been added to my day! I will be watching this thread for your rockin' work. Even if it does make me want to cut off my hands as an artist! :lol:

Tom
Marooned - A Space Opera in the Wrong Key!
http://www.maroonedcomic.com/

marooned

Post by marooned » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:41 am

And I just went to your store page to try and order something anyway... nothing for sale! WAAAAAH! :(

Let us know when you put some new product up.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:47 pm

Hey OkieDokie! Thank you pal, I'm really glad to hear you like it! You can expect lots more stuff like that coming soon! I hope you enjoy it all!

Marooned! Dude, that was such a great post to read! I'm so glad you've enjoyed stumbling across this thread, and that seeing the ae ONITC pics has made you smile, that's awesome! Your enthusiasm for all this stuff is great to hear, so thank you soooo much for taking the time to come in here and let me know you'll be checking in each week. I promise I'll keep it all coming! Oh, and in terms of finally being able to get one of our book in the states, stay tuned, news coming in the next to weeks of just what you're after! Cheers!

Been a while since I showed you any Monkey Nuts stuff, and in fact, I've had to give up on the ole' adventure checklist I was putting together. Reason being, I can't keep up!! Those of you who were following them will know I only got up to issue 6, and already the DFC is nearly at issue 20! So, you'll have to make do with progress shots of the lineart (such as I'm posting today), and various exclusive peeks at the final full colour pages I'll be posting in here.

As usual, you can buy any of the DFC back issues, to be delivered anywhere in the world, from the DFC shop right HERE.

I'm off to Bath tommorow for the DFC panel at the Children's Literature Festival (see previous post about the Go Nuts tour), hope to see some of you folks there!

More in a moment!

Lorenzo!

P.S. There's a Monkey Nuts competition running over on the DFC website at the moment, check it out HERE!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

marooned

Post by marooned » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Awesome news that we'll get something in the states! Can't wait to hear it. I looked at the subscription rates for the DFC - it would be like $350+ for me to get one so... yikes. Can't do that.

Man, the detail is just stunning. And am I nuts, or are you just inking that without starting with any pencils? Or is it penciled and I just can't see it in the shot? Either way, it's inspiring.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:02 am

Hey Marooned! Yeah, man, it's expensive to get in the states due in many ways to the exchange rate at the mo. Never fear, big product release news in just a few days' time! As far as the lineart goes, yes, there's a light rough in there, just doesn't show up in the piccies! Cheers!

Some pics here from our appearance at the Telegraph/Waterstone's Bath Children's Literature festival this weekend.

Here you can see yours truely with my bro, and some very talented fellow DFC contributers, as well as the man in command, David Fickling. Those of you who were there, will know how much fun we had discussing all aspects of past and future comic work, and generally spreading the word about the mighty DFC.

After our panel we did a signing session, and it was so cool to meet so many new young readers, and talk to them about Monkey Nuts and all that jazz.

Next stop on the Go Nuts tour, Birmingham Comics Expo this coming Sunday!

More in a moment!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:02 am

So, now that we're a little way into the monkey Nuts adventures (I'm approaching my 80th page of completed full colour artwork) I think it's about time I showed you how the final pages look. Every now and then I'm going to post up a full page for your eyeballs to enjoy, and today we have page 39, being the first page of part 1 of the chapter entitled Breakout Bonanza. Regular readers will remember me posting an in progress shot of the lineart for this a while back. Stay tuned for another full page in the future! Monkey Nuts appears every week only in The DFC!

Oh, and I'll be sticking with the theme of full page previews next week, as we're finally going to be announcing the international release of the 320 page Malcolm Magic one volume edition, and to celebrate this I'm going to post up an entire chapter from the book in here over the course of the next 7 days. That's right, 16 pages of old-school Blink Twice comic silliness, all for free! Hope you can drop by to read some pages from the book that started it all!

Wheee!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:44 pm

Hey folks!! So, as promised, I can finally officially tell you that the complete book of Malcolm Magic is now available all over the world!! This book was drawn and written by Bob and I as our first forray into the world of comics, it was an on-going experiment, and needless to say we learnt a LOT during the process of the adventure. Despite this, however, it was one of the most enjoyable things I have ever worked on, and without it nothing that we have done since would exist.

Within the book there are two seperate worlds, one in black and white, and the other in Greyscale, this may seem a bit odd at first, but it really helps us to instantly establish which world we're in, and keeps the story flowing. Go with it!

Here's the official blurb from the site:

"Gathered together for the first time in one volume, The Big Kahuna features every last sumptuous page of the award-winning comic book series, Malcolm Magic. Featuring issues 1-12, the Tusk special, a complete cover gallery and a comprehensive collection of bonus material, this book is the last word in rabbit-related shenanigans! Follow the irrepressible Malcolm and friends, as they embark on an adventure like no other. In order to thwart the ridiculous schemes of the evil lunatic Bright Eyes, the boys must reluctantly journey to strange, wondrous new lands where they will have to divide their time equally between making new allies and surviving new enemies."

Over the next week I'll be posting up an entire chapter of the book in here (chapter 8 ), I hope you enjoy reading it, and getting into the madness of this tale.

You can buy the book, wherever you live, HERE.

More pages coming in a bit!

Lorenzo!

marooned

Post by marooned » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm

Awesome! ::trips over self getting wallet out:: :D

kinnaree

Post by kinnaree » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Wow, Lorenzo, thanks for the progress shots u posted on Sept 26th; those were awesome and TOTALLY inspiring! I had not heard of you or your work till I got to these forums recently... going through this thread has been a real treat :)

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:10 am

I'm happy to see you're still creating the awesome work. :D
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Hey Marooned! Haha! Cheers pal, hope you enjoy it!

Kinnaree! Thank you! Very glad to hear you enjoyed stumbling upon all this stuff, and I hope trawling through the thread has made you smile! Cheers for the kind words on the in progress stuff, lots more like that coming every week, stay tuned!!

WendyW! Girl, long time no see!! Great to see you back and posting! Glad you dig all the new stuff, tons more to come, hope you can drop in again!

So, here we are, day two of the big Malcom Magic Big Kahuna Collection preview! As mentioed in the previous post, this book is now available for the first time ever all over the world, and you can buy it HERE.

Enjoy! More pages tomorrow!

Lorenzo!

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey Lorenzo- I've seen you post around these parts for years, but I only just figured out that you are one of the Etheringtons behind Monkey Nuts! Congrats! The DFC is an awesome book and you help make it awesomer! Keep it up!
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 am

Hey-hey, JDalton! Haha! Thanks pal, am very pleased to hear you're enjoying the DFC and Monkey Nuts, there's tons and TONS yet to come, hope you enjoy reading all the adventures! Cheers!

Day three of the Malcom Magic Big Kahuna Collection preview! As mentioed in the previous post, this book is now available for the first time ever all over the world, and you can buy it HERE.

More on the way!

Lorenzo!

Third Red

Post by Third Red » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Good grief Lorenzo, you are a prolific artist. I think you draw more by 8am than most people do all day. Your comics have so much life in them. Very inspiring!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:09 am

Hey Third Red! Thank you! Haha! Yeah, I do put in quite a few hours at the ole' drawing board! Very cool to hear you're enjoying this stuff, lots more on the way, stay tuned!!

Day four of the Malcom Magic Big Kahuna Collection preview! As mentioed in the previous post, this book is now available for the first time ever all over the world, and you can buy it HERE.

More on the way!

Lorenzo!