STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:48 am

So inspirering!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Hey KidVideo!! Thank you, great to hear that this thread is giving you ideas for your own stuff, that's very cool! Hope you enjoy all the stuff that's to come!

Next, a quick colour sketch I drew as a warm up the other day... without much colour!

More around the corner!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:12 pm

Another little warm up colour sketch here, this one inspired by the choppy-choppy haircut my girl had a while back.

More tomorrow!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Here's a heads-up on an appearance I'll be making on Tuesday 12th of this month (Aug) in the very cool drinking establishment known as Mr Wolfs right here in Bristol.

I'm lucky enough to have been asked to guest at the latest of the very excellent Weapon of Choice nights at said bar. The WOC eves are a cool meeting of Hip Hop, live art and Noodles, which have thus far been host to some of Bristol's finest Graffiti and urban artists, though next Tues is a special Comic Book installment, and yours truly has been asked to come out and play.

I'll be drawing alongside the excellent Dylan Shipley, a very talented Bristol-based concept artist and all-round nice guy. As you'll see from some of the attatched links, Dylan and I will each be completing a huge (like 6-7ft!) illustration during the eve, which starts at 9pm and rolls on until a bleary-eyed 3am conclusion.

Not sure what I'm gonna draw yet, but I think it's probably gonna be along the lines of some big a$$ robot or something...

GO HERE for a look at the Weapon of Choice events past on their Myspace page.

GO HERE to check out the flyer for Tues 12th.

And there's an event on facebook too, GO HERE to check it out.

Coolio!

See you there!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:34 am

Hello folks, well, here's a fun one! Those good folks over at the DFC offices have just put the first Monkey Nuts Flash Game online, here's our official announcement:

"Here's a little Rivet-yellow sunshine to brighten your Monday! Those brainiacs over at the DFC, in collaboration with the Etherington Brothers, have just launched the first in a series of flash games, available for FREE from their website. First out of the box is the 'harder-than-it-looks' BANANA BLASTER arcarde classic, featuring Sid and Rivet. We won't spoil the fun by saying any more, as there's a little Monkey Nuts intro to enjoy as well.

Featuring exclusive Lorenzo artwork, and AT LEAST 50 bananas per game, this is the last word in banana blasting nonsense!

So, if you feel like excersing your trigger finger, just follow the link below! ENJOY!

GO HERE - For all the fun of the FRUIT! "

Have fun!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:46 am

Hey folks, a very quick mini update here, as the WOC boss man C sent me a stack of the postcard flyers for the Weapon of Choice gig I'm drawing for this Tuesday (see previous post), and I thought you might like to see 'em!

More in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Oh, and if you can get a hold of one of these, it's good for a free shot of Tequila or Sambuka on the night. Don't drink and draw, kids!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:50 am

So, I've got a little behind on my Monkey Nuts Adventure checklist, hopefully I'll put that right over the next week or so. Here's a shot of issue 5...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Here we are with the adventure checklist entry for issue 6 of the DFC. I have quite a way to go to catch up still though, as the comic hits Number 12 this Friday!

That will have to wait though, as this week's posts will be something different...

As you'll see from this issue of the DFC, it featured the first Monkey Nuts cover, and all this coming week I'll be breaking down all the processes that went into creating it, from early rough to finished illustraton. Those of you who have been following my posts for the past few years will know I've done a few tutorials already, but they're so far back buried in amongst all the hundreds of other images, I thought I'd do a new one for those who don't like to root.

Cheers, hope you enjoy reading along through the process!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:20 pm

So, about a year ago I posted a little announcement up about a set of tutorials I'd be doing, under the banner of the School of Blink. Well, I'm finally in a position to start these, though they'll be posted up rather randomly, so don't expect them to be too regular! The first will be similar to those I've done before, but hopefully with a little more detail. Parts 1 - 5 will be posted up one day at a time all this week.

Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:59 am

Hello folkses!! Fresh from my night of live drawing at a very packed Mr Wolf's bar here in Bristol, (scribbling a 5 1/2 ft high robot - photos soon!) I'm back with step two in our week-long tutorial. This time we cover lineart, hope you enjoy it!

Next stop - flatting the colours!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

kiolia

Post by kiolia » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:52 pm

Man, I've got to get my hands on some of your stuff just so I can admire it one square inch at a time. Rock on, 'Enzo!

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Amazing! So crammed full of detail -- yet unified composition.

Must...control...jealousy!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Hey Kiolia! Thank you! If you wanna get some hard copies of Monkey Nuts, you can pick up single issues of the DFC HERE (issue 6 has a Monkey Nuts cover too!) Cheers for the kind words, hope you enjoy the coming posts!

Andrew! Haha! Glad you dig the detail bro! Lots more on the way! Cheers!

Okay, on with the show, here's step three in the week-long tutorial that's taking me a little longer than a week to get posted up! But never mind, today flats, then onto step 4 to put on a little shadow and lighting jiggery-pokery.

Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:53 pm

So here we are at step 4 of the Monkey Nuts cover art tutorial. I hope you're enjoying the ride, and that it's all making sense! After this there's just the final design stages, and then you'll see it all come together!

Hope you enjoy today's Step, part 5 coming in just a moment!

Lorenzo!

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 pm

Lorenzo man, looking great as usual. I really love those warm up sketches and that weapon of choice poster is beast. I would love to see more work like this from you.

On a side note, I have no idea how you can ink with that magnum sharpie, I pull the cap off one of those and I kill every brain cell in a three mile radius lol.