STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Frank Stockton

Post by Frank Stockton » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:06 pm

Lorenzo wrote: Image
Those silhouetted trees on the left side are HOT.

f.
"I do not get discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"
--Thomas Edison

http://www.frankstockton.com

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:56 am

Hey Will! Definately man! Looking forward to it! Merry Chrimbo to you too, bro!

Weisk! Haha! Thanks man, yeah, I do like the details! Glad they made you smile! Cheers!

Hey Frank! Thanks man! Haha! Yeah, I'm enjoying framing a lot of the jungle stuff like that, thanks for the kind words, bro!

Oh good Lordy, it's Chrimbo time an' noooo mistake! First up. I just wanna say a huge THANK YOU to all you guys who have taken the time to get into this stuff and have spent 2007 checking out all the Blinky nonsense I've been posting up here over the past 12 months. You guys rock, and it's always an absolute pleasure talking to you all! So, 2008 is around the corner, and trust me, it's going to be HUGE from a comics point of view, so make sure you stay tuned to the ole' thread! We'll have news of (at last!) the international release of Malcolm magic, SEVERAL brand new strips from my bro and I, exhibitions, workshops, new publishing deals, merchandise and lots more in between. And that's just between now and April! However, in the meantime, as is customary, I will leave you with some yuletide fun. This morning I hurried out to the news stand to pick up the Guardian, which as mentioned earlier in the week features a comic supplement coated in Lorenzo's Yuletide scribblings. Hopefully you've grabbed yourself a copy, but if not, here's a sneak peek, and head on over to http://www.thedfc.co.uk for a fun Lorenzo-illustrated game!

Cheers, and Merry Chrimbo!

Lorenzo-ho-ho!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

ElnJJ

Post by ElnJJ » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Loz, you're stuff gets better by the minute, it's amazing. Where've you got to, btw? Hope all's well and we'll see more soon. :D

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:02 am

El-baby!!! Haha! Yes, I've been away for soooo long, huh? No, nothing wrong, just been VERY busy! A good thing indeedy! Thanks for the kind words on all the work, hope you enjoy the new posts! Cheers, girl!

Hey Folks! It's been a while I know, but things are just getting soooooo busy here at SBT that my posts are going to become quite erreatic, i think! But never fear, i will always come back and upload a ton of new stuff whenever I have a momant, so there's always gonna be lots and lots of goodies on the way! Why are we so busy? Why, because we've been making shed loads of comics, of course! I have so much to upload I'm gonna do it in chunks, or it'll melt down your 'puter! HA!

Let's start with some more Dreamworks Madagascar, taken from issue 7 of Dreamworks Tales, which came out before chrimbo...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:03 am

Due to all my business getting in the way of me getting going on the School of Blink for the moment, I'm gonna try to post up step-by-step break downs and working drawing when i can to show you guys some of my methods and stuff. Here's the steps from rough to final art for the cover I drew for the Christmas edition of the Guardian's Comic supplement...

The are about a million Blink Twice refeneces in here! Haha!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:03 am

Here are a few shots of the five week exhibition I had down in Exeter recently. This weekend I will be back down there to run a one-day workshop, which I'm pleased to say sold out almost before the show opened! Lovely!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:04 am

Last edited by Lorenzo on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:04 am

A few more con sketches here that I finally had a chance to scan in. I still have a few to finish for folks too! They're on their way, peeps!!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:05 am

Issue #9 of Dreamworks Tales has just hit the shelves here in the UK, and features another 8-page Madagascar strip drawn by me'self! Go check it out!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:05 am

This is the big one folks. Can't say anything yet, but stay tuned...

REAL announcement coming soooooon....

Lorenzo!

willmj

Post by willmj » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:46 am

Man there's no stopping you... Love the Kung Fu Panda stuff... you are the king! Hey I'll see you at Bristol I got a space over at the Ramada. Thanks for the heads up on Birmingham I'll see you there too! :D

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Hey Will! Haha! Thanks man, right back at ya'! Look forward to seeing you at Bris, bro! Hope today's announcement makes you smile!

Okay, folks, I'll leave you to read our official Studio Press Release on this one...

"After a long(ish) period of enforced silence we are proud to finally announce that StudioBlinkTwice is back with a comic vengeance!

Working in conjunction with the mighty book publisher Random House, Robin and Lawrence have been studiously ferreting away on a number of brand new comic properties. These titles will be released as part of a brand new weekly comic, The DFC, which is currently due for release in May/June 2008.

The boys have also been working up material for release in The Guardian newspaper’s weekend supplement, The Comic, and we’re all proud here at SBT to announce that the first issue of their brand new series, ‘Monkey Nuts’, will hit the shelves of every newsagent/ supermarket/ garage/ fish & chip shop in the country on Saturday 23rd February (that’s THIS Saturday folks).

So, get ready to meet Sid and Rivet – a most unlikely crime busting, weirdness-fighting duo.
Their mission: to protect the tranquillity of the Bermudan paradise, the Isla de Monstera, from all manner of oddballs and criminals.
Your mission: to laugh at their hopeless endeavours.

See you Saturday!"

willmj

Post by willmj » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Thats SUCH good news!!! What a coup! Now you are high brow 'Guardian Boys'! Where you heading next Captain Lo...? Mega (in swansea accent) Big Claps from Wales :)

yolk

Post by yolk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:03 pm

mm.. honey. :roll:
I wish see this exhibition.

Cheers.

patdzon

Post by patdzon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:12 am

You guys are wacko!!!!