STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:14 pm

Hey K! Man, thank you soooo much, pal, and thank you for coming along to say hi at the show, was excellent to see you, and to see your incredible work in print! Cheers, bro, seriously, you ROCK!!

Hey El, baby! Haha! Yeah, I'm all over the web like a pencilly-rash! Thanks for digging the stuffs, baby! You're the best! Off to read your PM now..cheers, miss!

Well, what an exceptional time we had in London this Saturday just gone! That Web and Mini Comix Thing just gets better and better, as anyone who was there will testify. The Blink had such a ball, and it was awesome to meet so many great folks, especially so many of you guys from "A-Da' Web" as my man Strongbad might say. Seriously, thanks to all who stopped by the stand, it was awesome to meet you all, and an even bigger thanks to the several peeps who showed up with sketches they'd done for me before the show, that was sooooo frikkin' coolio!!!!!!

So, as promised, today's pic gives you that page from Sasquatch in full colour, more soon...!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

ElnJJ

Post by ElnJJ » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Heh, yes, I am beginning to notice this...obviously I'm everso quick on the uptake... ;)

Oh and yeah...the new stuff is great, (as ever :p) the splashes of colour and light on the sign post are just gorgeous. :D

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Hey El! Thanks for the kind words on the colours, sweetie, much appreciated, ma'am! More colour stuff on the wayyyyyyy....!

So, two today, and they're both kinda' biggies!

To start with we have the very first sneak peek at a pencils panel from our forth-coming Indie Spinner Rack anthology MOON! adventure, more from that soon!

Secondly, I'm here to announce that, unbelievable as it may seem, we're discontinuing the entire series of single issues of Malcolm magic! Gasp! And you thought they'd be around forever?!! HA! If you wanna complete your collection, or just pic up a few copies of issue one to sell on Ebay for a massive profit in twenty years' time, then be sure to come see us at the big Bristol and London shows in May (more details of them soon). If, however, you can't make it to the shows, and you live in the UK, then you may wanna head on over to BROOMFELLA'S STORE. But hurry, you've only got until the 1st May, then those babies become RARE!!!

Cheers!

Lorenzo "We giveth, then we taketh away" Etheringtino

willmj

Post by willmj » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:44 pm

Lorenzo man love the sasquatch stuff... really great. Looking forward to Bristol! See you there. :lol:

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:29 pm

Hey Will! Thanks, pal! Much appreciated, buddy! Man, I will see you there!!! Gonna be AWESOME!!!

Hey folks! Well, I been away for a while, mainly due to web-based problems, time to get back to a more regular fix of Blinky nonsense!

First up, a little promo piccie I knocked to celebrate the fact that we're in this month's copy (issue 17) of the excellent British mag IMAGINE FX! Nice!

Secondly, a huge thank you to everyone who voted for Malcolm in the first round of the Huge 2007 Eagle awards, the UK's main comics awards ceremony. We're very excited to now be in the final shortlist for "Best B &W Comic - British". All you need to do to try and help us grab that golden trophy is visit the Eagle Awards website before 22nd April, add your email address, then scroll down to category 13: "Award for Favourite Black and White Comic book - British". Tick the MALCOLM MAGIC box and click the 'submit' button at the bottom of the page. I hope you can help the funny bunny scoop the prize, but please don't do multiple votes under the same email, as they will get disqualified. Cheers, folks!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

ElnJJ

Post by ElnJJ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:11 am

There you are, Loz, was wondering where you'd got to! :D N you know I'll vote Malcolm of course, he rocks. :mrgreen:

Bordeleau

Post by Bordeleau » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:04 am

You got my vote !

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Hey Bord'! Thank you SO much, pal! Totally appreciate that, you the man!

Ho-kay, it's a vehicular-themed one today, for all you petrol-heads and grease-monkeys out there. Fist up, is a VERY late Easter pic. I actually drew this out for Easter LAST year, but never had a chance to finish colouring it. Regular forum-ers will recognise this as the camera caddy car from a T-shirt design I knocked up a while back. Well, once again I missed posting it up for Easter, and if I don't do it this year, it'll never go up, as there's already enough dubious life drawing of Ratt and Teron there to make me cringe a little (note in particular that Ratt's tail completely disappears in panel 3!) HAHA! So here it is, in it's semi-coloured form, hope you enjoy...

Next up, a tiny-tiny concept I did even longer ago of the main method of transport for Ratt and Teron within the 1st season of MOON! My intention has always been to build this machine up at full scale, possibly for shows, but really just so that I can run around town in it thinking I'm a dood. Well, back at the Blink Manor these past few weeks, the wheels of Kustomisation have finally been set in motion, and the old girl's starting to come together. A long way to go yet, but here's a couple of pics for those of you who wonder what I'm doing when I'm not scribbling the ole' funny pages. That's Mr Etherington Senior in one of those shots, the greatest dad in the world!

Cheers, folks, more in a bit!

Lorenzo!

KevinR

Post by KevinR » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:03 am

Hey, Lorenzo, that's awesome. How cool would that be to have a full size version of a vehicle that you created? VERY COOL indeed!

-Kev

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Hey Kev! Thanks man, well, I ain't never been cool, but hopefully the car will be in the end! Long way to go yet, but it's coming on, glad you likey, pal! Cheers!

So, for those of you who have met us at a show, or chatted in here, you'll know there's one question we always ask: "You are coming to Bristol, right?" And there's good reason for this, as The Bristol Comic Expo is certainly the biggest show of it's type here in the UK, and it's got a special place in the hearts of team Blink, not least since I live in this ole' town! The best news of course is that it's now just a few weeks away, and boy are we gonna have some new stuffs for ya'! More on all the rest soon, but for now, I wanted to show you the cover of the new MOON! Sketch book we'll be releasing for the show. Regular readers will know the drill: These mini-format beauties are a limited edition (75) and are FREE with every £10 spent at the Blink stand over the weekend of the 12th-13th May, then they're gone for good!

Yikes!

More soon, space cadets!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:49 pm

Okay, folks, so here's a fun one for ya!

With the launch of VIPER's Sasquatch Anthology just a few weeks away, we wanted to give you another look into the creative process that went into this first ever MOON! international release.

I thought I'd give you a break-down of a full-set reveal of soundstage two during the filming of "It Came From Over There!". As I've spoken in the past several times about the technical side of my drawing/colouring process, I wanted to talk this time about the concept of a pic like this, and how I try to use the environmental detailing to tell more about the situation/world the story is set in. I hope this is of interest to some folks, and if not, just ignore my prattle and check out the scribblings.

Hope you enjoy!

Lorenzo!

KevinR

Post by KevinR » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:10 am

Very cool, Lorenzo, I enjoyed reading this. I always have enjoyed reading creators thoughts behind what they do alot more than the usual technical stuff, which alot of people want because they think if they do it that way they'll achieve the same result. But it doesn't work that way, you need the thoughts and ideas behind something first, so this was great.

Bristol's around the corner, are you guys geared up and ready to go or do you still have alot of stuff to do for the show? I'll be there on the Sunday, it'll be good to see you guys again.

Take care,

-Kev

Badger

Post by Badger » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:25 am

Alright big fellow, i'm rallying the Conceptart.org troops for brizzle comic con. All those people invading our gaff we need to show 'em how it's done brunel style... or some such. Good luck with the work, then you need to come see me dammit, it's all sunny and such. Hope you are well!
-B-

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue May 08, 2007 4:30 am

Hey Kev! Man, thanks for the kind feedback, bud! It's great to know that my process thoughts behind the pic were interesting, glad you enjoyed! Yeah, pretty much ready for Bristol now, be great to see you again buddy! Awesome!

The Badger-man!! Hey, bro! Man, be great to see the CA peeps at the show!! Excellent work, buddy! Yep, looking very goo for the ole boozy meeting to start up again once these two shows are out the way! Can't wait, duder! Cheers! See you at the weekend!

Lots of release announcements and piccies today!

The ole' Sasquatch anthology is out! Featuring an exclusive 15 page MOON! story "Memoirs of a Bigfoot", along with over 200 other pages of great stories by a ton of other awesome indie guys, this really is a must have! You should be able to grab this off the shelf/order in a copy to your local comic store, or you can pick it up direct from The Viper Store or HERE on Amazon. Go get some!

Another announcement for those of you heading to the Bristol show for the weekend, it's looking highly likely that Fat Chunk, Jamie Smart's awesome new underground B&W anthology comic o' joy, will be launched at the show! This baby features an exclusive 3-page MOON! mini adventure entitled "Everyone Love Kittykat", and tons of other great stuff besides. Jamie will be on a table directly next to the Blink stand, so come along and shoot the breeze, chipmunks!

Next up, for those of you getting geared up for season 1 of MOON!, I've decided to re-design how I present the sketches and concept work for the series. As you can see from the Killbot piece below, each concept will now come with info on which season/issue it relates to, and the script name of the character/machine/environment/etc. They will also be numbered, for those of you that like to get a complete collection of things.

Finally, the big one! Along with the forth and final Malcolm trade (of which more soon) we'll also be launching the new MOON! Space Log this month! Yoikes! Featuring 68 pages of concept art, character designs, and all sorts of other visual gems, along with a TON of new words by Bobber on many elements of the Mooniverse, this baby is packed to the rafters with joy! The planned launch is this weekend (11th/12th) at the Bristol show, but current print issues may mean we launch it at the London MCM Expo on the weekend of the 26th/27th instead.

Fingers crossed we'll have it at Bristol though you'll be able to pre-order it with FREE postage to any UK address if we don't.

We'll DEFINATELY have the new Malcolm book, the next 30 ONITC year one books, and the new 9th MOON Sketch book, along with our entire back catalogue, so that's exciting, eh?

Ha-zaa! more later this week ahead of the show, peeps!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu May 10, 2007 2:56 am

So, here it is, folks, the final volume of Malcolm will be launched at the Bristol Comic Expo this weekend (12th/13th May)! Collecting together the final three issues (#10, #11, #12), along with a cover gallery and three all-new chapter splash pages, two of which I have shown here. This coincides of course with us discontinuing all the single Malcolm issues, so after the Bristol show and the London MCM expo in two weeks, the books are all you'll be able to get!

Whoip!

Secondly, those of you coming to the Bristol show will most probably be on the lookout for Fat Chunk, Jamie Smart's underground anthology of wonders! Here's a little sneak-peek taken from our three page mini-MOON! adventure, "Everyone Love Kittykat"

See you at the show, peeps, and if you pick up a copy of FC, tell Jamie Lorenzo sent you! Haha!

Lorenzo!