ROOK CITY is BACK!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:30 am

Very coolio, man! Bring on the Kraken! That's what I say!!

Lorenzo!
Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:40 pm

Thanks, Lorenzo!

Next page...

-Seth
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:22 pm

I'm starting to use grays as shadows and not just as "color" with this tale. What do you guys think of it so far?

-Seth
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:53 pm

Any thoughts?

-Seth
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:51 pm

Here ya go...

-Seth
Image Image

Hyptosis

Post by Hyptosis » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:35 am

Man, that is some clean art, and just a real pleasure to read.

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:47 pm

Thanks, man. That's always a great thing to hear.

-Seth
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:36 pm

Page 8:

Hope you enjoy. As always, let me have it with the crits!

-Seth
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:51 am

New stuff is lovely as ever, S!!

Lorenzo!
Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:34 pm

Thanks, Lorenzo!

Page 9:

TO BE CONTINUED...

Rook City will be on hiatus until January. This will give me a chance to finish up some other comics projects and make sure that this series is always on time when it returns.

However, there will still be new content to look at on our site. Stay tuned for some new Rook City sketches and some other surprises, including a new contest!

Thanks for reading!

-Seth
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 pm

I wanted to let you all know that ROOK CITY has finally been collected into print form! It's actually been completed for awhile, but it took awhile to get everything setup for ordering. You can order it now from our Indy Planet store and have an actual print copy for yourself!

But you also have another option! You can download the entire issue for FREE through WOWIO, an e-book company that we will be working with! It's free to join Wowio and free to download books, but each time someone downloads our books we get paid. Some of you probably know about Wowio already... So, if you like our work and would like to support us, this is a great, free way you can do so!

Anyway... some of you have been following our Rook City tales on this thread over the last few years. This issue features the first five stories: In "Bullets & Bedpans", Toby Fox must stop the Rebuker (a 80-year-old vigilante) from devastating his nursing home.

"Transformations" shows us the origin of the Vlad Squad, four college kids who think they are vampires.

Meanwhile, Toby must solve a mystery involving his professors and an ancient mask in "Sleuth."

Rook City's resident superhero, The Captain, battles his arch-rival in "Showtime"...but all is not as it seems.

And finally, the Rebuker reappears and leaves his mark on the locals in "Gratuity." This story has never appeared in other formats, and is available EXCLUSIVELY by downloading or buying a copy of Rook City #1!

This issue also features behind-the-scenes sketches, character info, and pinups. It's 36 pages jam-packed with goodness!

So anyway, sorry for the shameless plug, but it's exciting to finally get this book out there. I hope you all at least download a copy, check it out, and let us know what you think!

Thanks!

-Seth
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm

Hey, some reviews of Rook City are starting to pop up on the interweb...

Broken Frontier took a look at both new books (they also reviewed the mini-comic version of Random Ink way-back-when... nice people). Tonya Crawford had a lot of nice things to say about ROOK CITY #1.

And over on her Comics Worth Reading site, Johanna Draper Carlson reviewed both ROOK CITY and DUEL.

I really appreciate all these people taking the time to look over our books and spread the word about them! Hopefully, there will be even more to tell you about soon.
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Re: ROOK CITY: now in print!

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 pm

We have another entire comic now available as a digital download from The Illustrated Section. Rook City #1 is over 40 pages of comic goodness and includes five different stories of Toby Fox’s adventures in the weirdest town in the world.

And the good news is… download a copy by the end of the month, and you get it for just 99¢ (instead of the regular price of $1.99). 40 pages for just a buck… you can’t beat that!

Those of you that have already bought a copy of Duel #1… we appreciate the support! And remember, while you’re on the site, be sure to check out some of the other excellent comics available there. More great stuff gets added every day.
Image Image

jannypan

Re: ROOK CITY... now available for download!

Post by jannypan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:38 pm

I'd really love to hear comments and crits from you all. There is always good, honest feedback given on this forum. So have at it!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Re: ROOK CITY is BACK!

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:27 am

Well, after a massively long delay, our Rook City webcomic will once again be updating regularly at least for the next month or so as we finish off the “Convention Blues” storyline. 21 new pages will eventually be posted, making this by far the longest Rook City tale as of yet. The pages are all done (and even sent off to the printer) and will be posted one per weekday until the story concludes (except today when you get two pages and the cover). The story will see print in Rook City #2, which will premiere at Planet Comicon next month!

Why the delay in finishing this story? Well, the main reason is that I got pulled away into a lot of other projects. In the time since I started this story, we have published three other comics and I’ve illustrated eight children’s books. No real excuse, but that’s how it is. However, this story would never leave me alone. It was too much fun to abandon forever… it had to be finished. For those few of you who have been waiting all this time… I truly appreciate your patience. I really hope you all enjoy how it turns out!

If you’re completely new to Rook City then you probably want to start back at the beginning. Or you can just start at the beginning of the current storyline… whatever works for you. I look forward to hearing your feedback as the story unfolds! Remember to check back every weekday for a new page. Thanks for checking it out!