EBONYC #27 (color)

Post comics.
kanokadafi

EBONYC #27 (color)

Post by kanokadafi » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:39 pm

Hey wassup everybody

I'm back with this weeks Ebonyc strip. This weeks strip marks #27, which is also my age. I decided to celebrate this by taking it back to the essence. I dusted of my old, High School Design Marker collection, which I have stowed away in old Phillies Blunt box - for special occasions. I used to eat and breathe these markers in high school, literally! Anyway it's a shame that they don't make them anymore - the newer markers just don't get you high anymore!

Without further to do, here is this weeks Ebonyc strip - in full old school color.

Peace and holla back if you got the time.

gau dog

Post by gau dog » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:20 am

Nice colors. Keep on churnin' them out. Looking at the urban flavor pf the EboNyc series, it's nice to see you're making the clean version of the kids. The gangsta-isms and delinquincies are very softened. Real street kids would be like cussin' and dissin' and tearing it up.

kanokadafi

Post by kanokadafi » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:10 pm

thanx man, I really appreciate it, I'm glad your feeling the strip.

aaron

Post by aaron » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:19 pm

I'm feeling that shit too!
He must be puffing cherry, those have a slap to 'em. LOL

Lee M

Post by Lee M » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:58 pm

aaron wrote:I'm feeling that shit too!
He must be puffing cherry, those have a slap to 'em. LOL
Do they still make candy cigarettes? I think they were banned in the UK, though whether it was because they glamorized smoking or just because of the dye additives I'm not sure!
Have you ever noticed how most of the trouble in the world is caused by people who claim to be trying to get rid of troublemakers?

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:04 am

Like i said be for you're not apreciated enough. Your strips are putt together very well but no one seems to care.

boxart

Post by boxart » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:16 am

AntSky wrote:Like i said be for you're not apreciated enough. Your strips are putt together very well but no one seems to care.
it's a bit wierd to say something like that.

his work is greatly appreciated. i know i'm a big fan. it's one of my few favorite comics. got all the influence i have, i just don't have the talent or skill to put it on paper.

oh wells, to each his own. :D good job kanokadafi looking forward to your next one. :)
moms always told me not to fight, but she also told me not to let anyone in my backyard.

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:50 am

I actually did a search through the site for all the past posts for this one.
I just haven't had anything much to say other than, "Yeah that's really great."

But anyway, yeah, that's really great.

:wink:
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:25 pm

boxart wrote:
AntSky wrote:Like i said be for you're not apreciated enough. Your strips are putt together very well but no one seems to care.

his work is greatly appreciated. i know i'm a big fan. it's one of my few favorite comics. got all the influence i have, i just don't have the talent or skill to put it on paper.

oh wells, to each his own. :D good job kanokadafi looking forward to your next one. :)
No i mean she never gets and comments...Like Copper or Hamburger for one.

boxart

Post by boxart » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:06 pm

AntSky wrote:
boxart wrote:

No i mean she never gets and comments...Like Copper or Hamburger for one.
oh alrite, i see it now. but yea, you right. he don't get the credit he deserves
i see what you mean, i take back what i said.

either way, the dude is sik.
moms always told me not to fight, but she also told me not to let anyone in my backyard.

kanokadafi

Post by kanokadafi » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:11 am

hey wassup ya'll, sorry it took so long for me to get back at ya'll - but I've been mad bust. Anyway, boxart and antsky your support is well appreciated - thanx, 4-real.

wendy W- thanx for taking the time out of your day to peep some of my stuff, I'm glad you where feelin' it.

Lee M - They do actually still make candy cigarettes, they're awesome!

aaron - LOL, you know whassup!

gau dog - thanx man

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:01 pm

I'm running a site called baby outlaws and could use some staff other than just me and antoine. Im hiring Artists, coders, and considering writers. To try out fill out the list below and email it to [email protected]. Don't espect special treatment jus because were friends. If you dont meet the standards im looking for you wont be added to the team. Unlike all my other sites this isnt a time killer. I plan to follow my brothers foot steps but at a earlier age. I have a low tolernace for stupidity and lazyness. Last thing I want is some idiot screwing up the entire code for the site.
Fill out the form:

Name:
Desired Job(Artist, coder, writer):
Sample (3 Pictures of your artwork or 5 lines of writing):
Reason for trying out:
email:
YIM:
AIM:
Current site (If you have one):

If you post your form on a live journal or myspace I will not accept your forms because if you cant follow these simple instructions it shows a lack of understanding and i refuse to teach you how to code. Both antoine and I evaluate the people trying out so dont try to just ask him. Were not looking for friends help only experianced and skilled people.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:05 pm

Antsky > Please refrain from posting your job listing in other people's threads. You're welcome to post a single post looking for artists in the Hotel Adriano, but if I see these kinds of posts in other people's threads, I'm going to delete them.

kanokadafi

Post by kanokadafi » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:40 pm

Damn, and here I was thinking I was getting some feedback from Mr. kazu himself.

Anyway maybe in the future someday.

Hey BTW Kazu I met you for a brief second at San Diego when Alex Woo introduced me to you at the marriot, during that sketch session thing.

peace

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:54 pm

Hey, sorry man. I do like the comic. The style is very strong. The gags could use a bit of work, although this one works fine. I remember buying those old candy cigarettes and getting in that first fake puff of "smoke", which was just candy powder between the paper and the gum. If the ice cream man didn't have the gum ones, I would buy the white sugar stick versions. :D