Copper - "Dive"

Post comics.
Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:45 pm

Kean wrote:Are you perhaps procrastinating from working on your other comics by drawing more Copper? :wink:
Ahh, after living with me for a couple of weeks, Kean has become privy to my lazy work habits. Heheh. Nah, I had this comic scheduled for the last two days of July. The Flight story is up next...

Walter > I think I'll be printing the books at about 12 inches. The originals are 15 inches square. The 900 pixel size was just an arbitrary size I used when I posted my first Copper, and I've been doing that ever since.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'll also think about making poster prints of that first panel... :)

Joseph Park

Post by Joseph Park » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:59 pm

Great work, Kazu. Best Copper, yet.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:07 pm

Wow!

Justin

Post by Justin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:29 pm

God damn if i don't love your underwater scenes, it's so purdy
-Justin

io

Post by io » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:47 pm

All around awesome. I really like the design of the little submarine.

Lee M

Post by Lee M » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:28 pm

Wheeeeee! Another Copper strip!!!

Aaaaargh! I'm another month older!!!

Ahem. Anyway.

"Dive" is funny on so many levels.

Like the fact that Copper only needs some scuba gear and shorts, but Fred's presumably so paranoid about drowning that he needs a submersible, fcol.

Or the fact that Fred keeps his stuff in a vintage treasure chest underwater (surely not the ideal place for preserving personal treasures?).

Or that anyone would actually need the instruction book from a toaster. "Fancy toasting features", forsooth!

Or the suggestion that the stuff from that little chest is going to need an entire closet when they get it back home.

Of course the final coup de grace for me, and I suspect a lot of other readers, is that my own "tresure chest" is also bursting at the seams and I can't bear to throw anything away. Hey, look at that - my Income Tax form for 1986!
Have you ever noticed how most of the trouble in the world is caused by people who claim to be trying to get rid of troublemakers?

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:07 pm

Awesome! :D I love the little shark in the background of the panel before his shark hat is revealed!

I'm definitely like this. And my girlfriend is the opposite. She throws stuff away like crazy. It drives her sorta nuts, I suspect, how I just keep collecting more and more crap, and can't let go of any of it at all... :P
Visit the Tragic Planet!

bluebottle

Post by bluebottle » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:50 am

superb!
'something really witty/funny or profound here!'

Vince

Post by Vince » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:22 am

Kazu, kick-ass comic once again. Beautiful colors and the little sub is sweeet. Incidentally, I'd be more like Fred but am trying to become more like Copper. :oops:

Lee M

Post by Lee M » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:40 am

BTW, I've just remembered a commercial that was on British TV a while back, in which a boy wearing shorts beat a whole bunch of men in diving suits to an oyster containing a huge pearl. The final scene showed him holding up the pearl and grinning. Of course, what they didn't show you was ten minutes later, where the men show up with machine guns and persuade him to give it back!
Have you ever noticed how most of the trouble in the world is caused by people who claim to be trying to get rid of troublemakers?

Johnny Neat

It's been a long time...

Post by Johnny Neat » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:53 am

but I come to find you haven't lost a step. Bravo.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

aaron

Post by aaron » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:36 pm

Amazing as ussual. :D

matthewart

Post by matthewart » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:10 pm

Its so nice to see another pack rat. My wifey really has to force me to let go of important things like toy packaging and old atari games cassettes and magazines. Sometimes things disappear... but at least I get to keep my 9 long boxes of comics...
[email protected]

"We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams" ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:26 am

you HAVE to do a print of this!

=BoB=

Tony

Post by Tony » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:46 pm

This is currently happening to me. Copper is my girlfriend, Fred is me. I can't believe that horrible woman wanted to throw out my Star Wars: Episode 1 soda can collection.