STUDIO BLINK TWICE! MOON! FIRST LOOK!! Fri 30th Dec!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

STUDIO BLINK TWICE! MOON! FIRST LOOK!! Fri 30th Dec!

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:32 pm

Hey Hey fellow flighters!

This is my first post here on the Flight Forums, and I'd just first like to say what a great job you guys are all doing for the independant sequential storyteller. Over here in the UK the scene's a whole lot smaller, but what we lack in numbers, we make up for in enthusiasm. Anyways, enough with the psychobabble, here's a cover and four-page preview from our self-published title Malcolm Magic. There's tons to tell about this punch-drunk bunny and his ill-advised adventures, but check out the links to our company and title sites below to find out everything you need to know!

At the end of the preview I've supplied a few more choice images from the series for you to peruse.

Enjoy, and we'll be posting more good stuff again REEEEEAL soon!

All the best, Lorenzo!
Last edited by Lorenzo on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:39 pm

The illustrations look cool - but i couldn't read the text without hurting my eyes :shock:
Looks good.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:44 am

Thanks Wendy, good to meet a fellow resident of dear old blighty here in the forum.

Can't read the the dialogue, eh? Well, here's some random pages from previous issues where you hopefully won't need to...

Lorenzo

An action sequence from issue 6...
...and a little bit of environmental scribbling from issue 4 ( pencils )...
Last edited by Lorenzo on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bradcolbow

Post by bradcolbow » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:51 am

Wow, that is a lot of detail. I don't think your scans do it justice. I would love to see your stuff in print, is it availible anywhere in the US?

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:41 pm

Hey Goober!

Thanks for the interest, at the moment you can order on line internationally through one of our favorite comicbook stores here in the UK (issue seven available in a couple of weeks):
avaloncomics

But if you wanna wait, we'll be re-launching the title internationally at the end of the year through Diamond from the beginning, with all new covers, additional interior artwork, a completely re-drawn issue 1, and loads of other good stuff. These will be available direct from your local comic book store.

Check out our websites below for loads of good sized previews!

Thanks again for your interest, buddy!

Lorenzo!

Bob Blink

Post by Bob Blink » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:42 am

Hey Loenzo,

Good to see you active in a forum for once! Hohoho.
Seriously though, the pages look great...as per usual...I've posted a selection of your sketchbook treats over in the sketchs/images section as I noticed this was a primarily Malcolm Magic based thread. I figured the guys and girls here at Flight might like to see some of your other work.

Keep on drawing you loony!

Bob

Bob Blink

Post by Bob Blink » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:48 am

That's a cheeky bit of spam...

ChadTHX1138

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:52 am

thats some far out work man. :D
Chad Townsend

JP

Post by JP » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:33 am

Insane detail. Man, keep on going.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:24 am

Hey JP! Hey Chad! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and take a look, always appreciated! Went and checked out both your sites and was very impressed! Love those vehicle designs Chad! We're working on a new full colour title called MOON! at the moment and I've worked up over 150 pages of environmental and vehicular design sheets for it already, so I know how much work goes into that stuff, man, awesome! JP, your colour strips are so great, really dynamic action and expressive characters! "A strong drink" made me pee myself! Very funny! I'm gonna try to keep posting short segments from our issues as we do them on the site, along with some really special web-only stuff in the near future, lots more colour work on it's way, so keep on showing your stuff guys, and we'll do the same!

Hey Bob! Go check out these guy's stuff!

Lorenzo!

P.S. here's a pencilled panal from way back in Malcolm issue 3...
Last edited by Lorenzo on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Blink

Post by Bob Blink » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:23 am

Hey Chad, Hey JP, guys thanks for the shout of support to my bro and can I just reiterate his words of praise.
Chad, I've visited your site before man, really great stuff but I couldn't work out if Duck Soup is available to ship to the UK - I want it!
JP, love you style mate, such great characterisation! But mate you'd better finish Druids or you're gonna have to answer to ME!

JP

Post by JP » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:55 am

But mate you'd better finish Druids or you're gonna have to answer to ME!
Haha! Thanks for the support, I really need it. :) The storyline of Druids is progressing nicely, so it's only a matter of time that I get started on the actual scripting and dialogue. I'll keep everybody updated for sure though.

Bob Blink

Post by Bob Blink » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:16 am

Glad to hear it JP. You've got a really nice style, very graphic, and very engaging. Keep your fingers to the grindstone and your nose to the pencil sharpener...erm..is that right?

JP

Post by JP » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:25 am

Thank you thank you. Will do, sir.

Bob Blink

Post by Bob Blink » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:39 am

Oh and here's a nice shot of the cover to Issue 3 of Malcolm Magic. It's one of my favourites just because it contains a great sense of humour but Lorenzo's never rated it. What does he know though?