Rise of the Yeti (and other short comics)

Post comics.
simonwl

Rise of the Yeti (and other short comics)

Post by simonwl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:45 am

Hey, love the Flight series and thought I'd try to get some feedback from fellow comic artists and enthusiasts on my work. Hope you'll enjoy.

First up's "Rise of the Yeti", my most recently finished work (I... wasn't too determined to finish this fast, hahaha)

A bit of a backstory to this next one; as usually I tend to quite take my time with comic pages, a friend challenged me to try and do a page as fast as possible. I managed to do this thing in entirely around 6 hours.

These were inspired by the Hourly comics day. I thought it would be a good practice to write out an entire day for one of my characters.
Click the page to view the entire thing (I didn't colour all the panels, there's three others here).

And finally, a pretty old work. This was meant to be published in a magazine, which however went bankrupt before that could happen. Oh well.
The art, I'm not really too proud of anymore - but I'm stilly happy with the writing. Again, click to view the whole comic.
Image Image

Og

Re: Rise of the Yeti (and other short comics)

Post by Og » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:34 am

I really dig the Yeti one. For what it's worth, the extra time you took on it is totally worth it in terms of quality. For my money, always go for quality.

Great simple designs, great color. I love it!
ImageImage

simonwl

Post by simonwl » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Thank you, Og! :D

Here's a guest page for my friend's webcomic Planet B. I'd really appreciate some critique on this!

Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:31 pm

That Yeti one is unique and fun! Nice surprise with the ending.
Image Image