Anchorbird

Post comics.
ScottEwen

Anchorbird

Post by ScottEwen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:41 pm

I'm one of the editors of a collaborative webcomic, "Anchobird," and there are 15 artists that each take turns adding a page onto the story. I've done five pages so far, and I'm working on my sixth. Here are my five pages so far, but the story probably doesn't make sense out of context. At the risk of seeming like spamming, here's a link to the website: http://www.anchorbird.com.

Page 1:

Page 6:

Page 13:

Page 23:

Page 42:
Last edited by ScottEwen on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonwl

Re: Anchorbird

Post by simonwl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:26 am

Great idea for a project!

I like your pages, the style is great. The lines have a sense of retro/classic appeal to them, but the excellent colouring makes it seem very modern and fresh.
Image Image

Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Reminds me of Charles Burns. The girl's eyes remind me of Skin Deep, or the stories with Kaballa-Bonga, for some reason. The fact that the whole thing seems to be taking place disjointedly in its own universe, without explanation, is intriguing, a result of the collaborative nature of the thing, I suppose. It can be a hard sell, but you all seem to carry it off quite effectively.

--M
Image Image

k-9lives

Post by k-9lives » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 am

I really like the art style, also thought charles burns a little cos of the lines quality. Are you actually writing it out of sequence?

ScottEwen

Post by ScottEwen » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:27 pm

k-9lives wrote:Are you actually writing it out of sequence?
It's a collaborative webcomic, meaning everyone takes turns. In other words, these pages are the ones that I'm responsible for, I wrote them and drew them. But every other page is handled by one of 14 other people.

Page 54:

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:21 am

Beautiful coloring, IMO. Great idea for a collaborative project. Keep up the good work!

ScottEwen

Post by ScottEwen » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 pm

andrewwales wrote:Beautiful coloring, IMO. Great idea for a collaborative project. Keep up the good work!
Thanks man. I love working on this comic, but man is it complicated. I'm also one of three editors, so I'm in charge of approving and suggesting changes to other people's pages. Keeping everything in the story without having contradictions is becoming insanely tough. Everyone wants to throw a wrench into the story and do something unexpected with their page, but then we discover it conflicts with a throw-away line of dialogue twenty pages before.

We just finished approving page 63, though, and my next page will be #64, which is the final page of the first issue. It's coming together really well.