New RANDOM INK webcomic

Post comics.
k-9lives

Re: New RANDOM INK webcomic

Post by k-9lives » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:48 am

Ha, spelunked was really fun... and a good challenge to give yourself. The dialogue order did confuse me at first but you've already mentioned that. You know those characters could probably create a series if you can think of other ideas for their digging exploits.

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'll probably do more with those characters eventually. Their dialogue was a hoot to write.

In other news...

The third issue of our comics anthology is now available for purchase online! This issue features three stories:

“First Impressions” (Story by Elton and Seth with art by Matt Meyers.) A medieval knight is given a critical mission in the future and transported to our present. Unfortunately, his first experience here is not a peaceful one.

“Pixie Pirates: Prologue” (Story and art by Dusty Roberts.) A greedy and murderous group of pirates sail the seas, unaware of how drastically their destinies are about to change…

“Useless Words” (Story and art by Seth.) The moon is falling. No one knows why. Panic and fear grip the entire world as the countdown to destruction begins. Now a lone man must come to terms with his fate.

We’re really proud of this issue, as it is the first time all four of us contributed fairly equally to one. We’ll be posting all the stories from it at the Random Ink site, starting with “First Impressions” which you can read NOW! And of course you can still pick up a copy from us the upcoming Planet Comicon in Kansas City.

Let us know what you think!
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 am

A new Random Ink story has been posted! This is Dusty Roberts’ six-page story from issue 3. “Pixie Pirates: Prologue” introduces us to a greedy and murderous group of pirates that sail the seas, unaware of how drastically their destinies are about to change…

Give it a read and let us know what you think!

Image Image

BradHeath

Post by BradHeath » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am

Great work, there! Always a fan of the R.I.!
"Hi, I'm Death. I'm the wacky nextdoor neighbor!"

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks, Brad! Glad you made it on here.
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:09 am

This new Random Ink story was originally going to be part of a large anthology where every tale took place with the moon about to crash into the earth. That book never materialized, and I have been sitting on these pages for years waiting for a place to use them. Random Ink #3 is where they ended up.

This is definitely one of the most realistic stories I’ve attempted. I really tried to imagine what might go through my head in that crazy situation…
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:08 am

A new comic is up!

This story was completed during a Three Hour Comic session. The challenge was to write, pencil, and ink three full pages of comics in only three hours (an abbreviated form of the legendary 24 Hour Comic). I failed at the challenge… pencilling all three pages, but only getting about halfway through the inks.

I went ahead and finished it up to post to the Random Ink site. Hope you enjoy it!

(Click image to read the rest of the story)

Image Image