Cloudhopper

Post comics.
geoff_sebesta

Cloudhopper

Post by geoff_sebesta » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:29 am

Hello, I thought I'd share some images from a comic that I've been working on. This is called Cloudhopper.

001:

008:

020:

041:

The entire thing (so far) can be found at:

http://geoffsebesta.insanejournal.com/418.html

Please feel free to comment there or here. I'd like to hear what y'all think.[/b]

Hyperion

Post by Hyperion » Tue May 26, 2009 11:30 pm

I read the whole thing, very interesting. I think you really captured the reactions of people if someone told them they were on a cloud. I want the next panel and I think that's a good thing, you want people to want more. But a fawn better not come out to meet him or I'll stop reading.
really really witty quote

geoff_sebesta

Post by geoff_sebesta » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Well thank you for commenting; I'm glad you liked it.
I think you really captured the reactions of people if someone told them they were on a cloud. I want the next panel and I think that's a good thing, you want people to want more. But a fawn better not come out to meet him or I'll stop reading.
No, you're safe on that count.

Honestly, now that I've done it I'm not sure why I put so much time and effort into "veracity," except that there was a certain tone I wanted to set so that when the absolute madness sets in from now on it's more plausible. And I'm really sick of the cop-out in films like Up where they throw inconvenient technology out the nearest window -- if a modern plot can't survive a cell phone, what good is it?

Anyway, it's an enjoyable challenge to draw somebody talking on a cell phone and make it compelling.

Anyway here are a few more pages:

geoff_sebesta

Re: Cloudhopper

Post by geoff_sebesta » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:14 pm

The story continues:

you can read the whole thing here: unnecessaryg.com/cloudhopper

or on LJ (where you have to read it backwards, but you can comment on stuff, which I always appreciate)

http://megatexas.livejournal.com/tag/cloudhopper