Samples and a call for advice

Post comics.
RocknOats

Samples and a call for advice

Post by RocknOats » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:06 am

Hi all, I haven't been checking in much lately, but I've been looking around often. I finished 5 pages in my story idea I have(I think I've posted before...) and I'm considering sending it around to publishers or to use it for samples for Pencilling work. There isn't a lot of action shown, but the next few pages will have more. Also, I think I'm finally starting to settle down into a steady "style" and getting a feel for the characters as well. Granted, these are only like the 10th pages I've ever done, so I have a lot of room to grow. I would appreciate any tips, advice, critiques or comments anyone can offer. I will have to do some squishing in Photoshop, because the panel and page sizes are all over the place because I drew everything piecemeal. The basic proportion on the first two pages are the size of my sketchbook (9x12) because that's where I drew them! I have a lot of things to get standardized. But, I'd appreciate any help you can offer. I'm dying to get out of my day job, so I'm pressing, I know.

Enjoy!