la cloche magique des luci (Luci's Magic Bell)

Post comics.
flyk

la cloche magique des luci (Luci's Magic Bell)

Post by flyk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Hello Universe~

This semester at IWU I worked on a series of 11 illustrations in which I called "Luci's Magic Bell" The assignment was to create at least 8 illustrations that told a story. I chose to tell the story of a little girl named Luci, who happens to come across a magic bell. When rung, imaginary magical friends come to play~

I will continue to update as I progress. I have at least four more thumbnails to paint to complete the story of Luci and her Magical Bell~

Also, there are minor issues with Luci's books 'disappearing' within the story, as well as the glasses of sir Racoon missing. I had to get these images ready to be view by a deadline, in which I neglected these issues~

Any other critics are very much appreciated~!

Take Care~

-Flyk (Sara Wilson)

flyk

Post by flyk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Anyone at all ? : }

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:39 pm

I like the art, but the storytelling needs a bit of work. It doesn't seem to drive anything home and sorta just hangs around as eye candy, which is a shame because your art style used here is usually the type I find tells the best stories. It's probably all just a matter of practice and seeing the next few panels, so keep it up! Also, because I'm a nit picker, if things poke out of panels [panel 2] either keep it semi-consistent or give a sorta 'reason' for it or else it seems like a mistake. Also, it's probably her dress but there's a surreal property to Luci's which is kinda creepy, just figured I'd point it out.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

flyk

Post by flyk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:57 pm

Thank you for critiques: They really do help~

I plan on finishing up those 'in between' images, in which I hope will help with the story telling. I'll post the results and tweaks as well, but thank you so much for the feedback thus far! : }

tylerjhutchison

Post by tylerjhutchison » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I think the art in this is really quite wonderful. Everything is adorable and the splattered paint textures look really nice.

I agree with Dark that the story telling is maybe not the strongest, but you are mostly working with 8 big images, and do not have many paneled pages. With respect to this I think what you have is pretty good. I think of these more like illustrations for a book. They cover a large amount of time in very few pages.

I can't wait to see the rest!

flyk

Post by flyk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback - I'm working on the other slides, slowly, but surely : } I am so excited to see how it turns out, and it's encouraging to have feedback : } ~

Thank you so much ~: }