One Swoop Fell - New Every Wednesday

Post comics.
experiment626

Post by experiment626 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:07 pm

oh my, this looks so amazing and I just love the characters!...yeah I used to just lurk but i loved this so much that I had to register!
http://windykid.deviantart.com ...i got comics in there too but I'm too afraid to post 'em

DuttonArt

#9 Comfort Food

Post by DuttonArt » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi everyone, I almost didn't make the Wednesday cut, but here it is, with a couple hours to boot if you're on u.s. west coast time.... my apologies for the lateness. :/

Also, I created a facebook page for OSF. Please join and help spread the word if you enjoy this comic. Cheers!

One Swoop Fell on Facebook

Responses:

Dark - hehe, yeah, you almost wanna pet him if it weren't for those (really dull lookin) spikes.

Sanaril - Thanks so much! I totally agree, except that I was saving Topo's reappearance for this week as you can now see. But I also wanted to pay a small homage to Winsor McCay with how you always see Little Nemo awake/stunned in the last panel with a voice coming in from the other room. Dunno if it worked. hehe. Thanks for the linkage!

Experiment - I'm an incessant lurker, so I can really appreciate the effort you made to sign up just to say something. Big big thanks. :)
-Mike

Sanaril

Post by Sanaril » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Yep it totally works! :)

Noname the fox

Post by Noname the fox » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:25 am

These guys at the diner look awesome, your style has a great cute humor.
Oh yeas and one more thing... 'Love the new episode!

inverce

Post by inverce » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:56 pm

YaY- new episode and WoW- great lighting!

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:45 pm

I love the image and models. S'okay is starting to seem like a catch phrase for Topo, is that intentional? I love the lighting and seeing the town in a bit mroe detail is really cool. Erm, if there's one technique that'd be really neat to see though is to have a continuous panel between panel 6-7 because it seems like the panels desperately want to go in that direction. Heheh, also where are their seats by the way? I don't see any empty seats at the bar in the busy cool sushi place. Still, it makes me hungry for 2am New-Gen [with free green tea ice cream if you go late enough...that place rocks so much I tells ya]. I'm guessing that this is a plot point as well but Swoop flies in his sleep, but can't when he's awake then? Fascinating.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

NicholasKole

Post by NicholasKole » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:03 pm

I know alot has been said about it already...but I couldn't hold it in anymore...I had to add my voice to the din. This is wonderful. I love this comic...there's just such an innocent and peaceful sense to it...and the colors REALLY do it for me. I just spent a little while going through your website and checking out your other stuff...particularly noticing a piece (the Great Discovery) that I had seen on Conceptart.org a while back...which has been all over my computer since. I'm a fan, is what I'm saying. :) I desperately hope this gets published so that I can purchase it. No joking...are there any plans in motion?

DuttonArt

Still Life and Roll On You Bears

Post by DuttonArt » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:21 am

Mixing things up a little this week. Most noticeably is an extra page - kinda. More like a breather, or "spot illustration" page. Also went a little more painterly in places.

Thank you for looking!

Responses:

Sanaril - Glad to know you think so. Thanks!

Noname - Thanks again. :)

inverce - CHeeRS!

dark - Good critique on the panels and the missing seats. The first was something I did in the roughs, but for some reason missed in the final. Aw well. As for seats, I kicked out one patron and extended the bar.

re: "S'okay" - It's more "bringing it full circle" than anything. Aside from Swoop's "swoop", I'm avoiding any catchy phrases... that kinda stuff always strikes me as a ploy to put something on a t-shirt. :P Swoop's quirks are part of the developing story, so no direct answers there. However, you'll notice he does fly in very short bursts even when awake.

Nicholas - Man, what is it with RISD folks? You guys all amaze me. Your work amazes me.

There are high hopes to publish once I have enough pages, though I'm still undecided between finding a publisher or self-publishing. You'll definitely hear about it as soon as it happens. Thanks so much for the very kind words. :)
-Mike

marooned

Post by marooned » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:47 am

Really beautiful work, thanks for sharing.
Marooned - A Space Opera in the Wrong Key!
http://www.maroonedcomic.com/

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:49 am

Hum, I'd thought I said something on this one last week, but perhaps not. I know I was at least thinking it! The painting panel at the top is great, really nice soft lighting and tone. It's quite cute. Okay, fine so Topo is of age I guess, but wouldn't Swoop's size make him a total lightweight? Oh wait...fourth panel: I guess so! I actually really love whatever it is you did with the fourth panel by the way, it feels a lot more painted and a lot less liney, and it makes the scene feel quite three-dimensional
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

DuttonArt

Enter Villains

Post by DuttonArt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:01 am

Still reeling from the late niter on this one.

Thanks Dark and marooned. :)
-Mike

DuttonArt

Idle Threat

Post by DuttonArt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks for looking!
-Mike

kinnaree

Re: Idle Threat

Post by kinnaree » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 am

Wow, beautiful work (I love your color choices/lighting)! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread <3

DuttonArt

Sweet Spot

Post by DuttonArt » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm

-Mike

Okie Dokie

Post by Okie Dokie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:36 pm

Did I said I love your style' Ops I did. I like the colors too, they add a lot to the comic.