Captain Asterion Comic

Post comics.
RobPeters

Captain Asterion Comic

Post by RobPeters » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 pm

A few months back I drew this comic as a proposal for a project. The project didn't end up happening, but I still want someone to read it. http://www.rob-peters.com/blog/?p=139
I haven't decided if I will finish the story or not... I guess I'll see what response I get from these first few pages... I hope you guys like it.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:56 pm

From just the couple pages that I read, it's rather fun and it reminds me a lot of the Space Quest and Earth Worm Jim series. I love stories with witty narrators almost as much as I love stories with evil owls. The only thing that gets me distracted and keeps me from outright loving it, is that Captain Asterion keeps reminding me of some form of dog food commercial or the Super Pet's dog. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is about him that sets this off, but when I do I'll let you know. Maybe somebody else can point it out better than I can...though I seriously think that it just might be the dogbones on his suit.

EDIT: Nah, you know what, don't change a thing, it grew on me. Moo! I wanna see the evil cows jump them. Besides, their leader is wearing the third evilest color known to man (with the few exceptions...you know who you are ;)). The second being insanely bright yellow, and the incredibly fatal, no excuse for, ever-ever-ever: blindingly bright pink. o_o
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

anthony

Post by anthony » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:59 pm

agreed - i like the narrator:) some of your panels have values that run close together, and the elements get lost in the environment. like the bottom row of page 1, or the team-shot in page 4. like in page 4 panel 4 maybe you can darken the characters and lighten the BG?

MG

Post by MG » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:55 pm

I like it. Your coloring job is awesome, though I agree that it could use some contrast. Also, the story feels a little cliche, like it needs a slightly new angle or more of an edge, and a less cutesy feel. Overall though it's very good work.