DUEL #1... now available for download!

Post comics.
Seth Wolfshorndl

DUEL #1... now available for download!

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:06 am

Here's yet another new issue for your viewing pleasure... DUEL #1!

What is Duel about? Well, two young boys with overactive imaginations are hanging out and drawing one day. When one of them sketches the image of a mighty warrior...the challenge is on. Before long there is an all-out artist's duel raging to see who can create the toughest character. We are soon sucked into the world of their imagination, a world filled with tremendous battles between cybernetic cowboys, secret snake ninjas, huge gelatanous creatures, and much more! Who will emerge victorious? You can preview some of the pages below.

This book started out as a 24 Hour Comic (24 pages created in 24 hours) I tried to do at the end of last summer. I tried to come up with something fun and loose that would be a lot of fun to draw. I only got a few hours into it before I failed the 24 Hour challenge (should've remembered I was a new dad), but I liked the idea so much that I wanted to finish it. So here it is!

You can order it now from our Indy Planet store and have an actual print copy for yourself. But just like Rook City #1, you also can download the entire issue for FREE through WOWIO, an e-book company that several of us on this board are using. Remember, it's free to sign-up on WOWIO and a great way to support us.

PAGE 1:

PAGE 3:

PAGE 9:

PAGE 12:

PAGE 15:

PAGE 23:

Anyway, this was a fun book to make, and I hope some of you enjoy it. I'd love to hear your feedback even on just these preview pages.

Thanks!

-Seth
Last edited by Seth Wolfshorndl on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

matthewart

Post by matthewart » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:37 pm

heheheh thats a whole lotta fun. Dig that jelatinous blob.
[email protected]

"We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams" ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Morin

Post by Morin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:34 am

Huhuhu ! Cyborg Stan is my favorite, though the other ones are great too ! :D

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 pm

:D This make me so happy you have no idea!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Thanks so much, people! I'm really glad you're liking it.

In case you're interested, some reviews for Duel #1 are beginning to appear online:

The fine folks at Pulp Secret included DUEL in their regular comic review video podcast. They had a lot of kind words and really seemed to get what I was going for with that book. Check it out right here(the Duel review starts at the 3:48 mark).

Broken Frontier took a look at both new books. Richard Pulfer seemed to enjoy DUEL #1 although he would like to see it develop farther.

Over on her Comics Worth Reading site, Johanna Draper Carlson reviewed both ROOK CITY and DUEL. Of the two, she seemed to enjoy DUEL more and really gave me some things to consider.

I really appreciate all these people taking the time to look over our books and spread the word about them!
Image Image

Seth Wolfshorndl

Re: DUEL #1... now available for download!

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

So maybe you’ve been wanting to read one of our books, but you didn’t want to order a print copy. Or maybe you’ve been wanting to read it on your iPhone, iPad, or computer. Well, good news! We will now be offering our books for DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! Each book will be in PDF format and the price will be significantly LESS than the print version!

The first book available is DUEL #1. We decided to start with this book, as it has never been available online… but we plan on releasing all of our books digitally eventually. You can get it right now for only $1.99 at The Illustrated Section site.

While you’re at The Illustrated Section, be sure to check out all the other great books available there… some of them even for free! Two I would definitely recommend are Cleopatra in Space by Mike Maihack and Araknid Kid by Josh Alves. Both are great reads… check ‘em out! This is a great way to support independent comic creators.

We’re really excited about this new ability to make it easier for you to read our books!
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 am

Great work, man, and nice work for spreading into downloads, I'm sure that'll allow lots more peeps to check out your wicked stuffs!

Lorenzo!
Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:45 am

I vote for the GLOBMASTER. :D

waru

Post by waru » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:36 am

Nice work! First of all, the concept of warring imaginations is awesome. Also, the perspective and technical aspects look great.
I'm a big fan of Globmaster, but Cyborg Stan is a little run of the mill for me.