Akimbo Comics

Post comics.
b.patrick

Akimbo Comics

Post by b.patrick » Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 pm

I had to use a time machine to find a comic without anything offensive in it.
I'd love it if you checked out my site. I'd love to hear suggestions on things I could improve or do differently so please don't hesitate.

Og

Post by Og » Sat May 17, 2008 4:49 am

I really dig this. I think you have something very cool here.

One complaint I have is that at this size, the text is hard to read. I wish it was a bit bigger.

The other thing - to have the "flashback" story - Girl #1 - sandwiched between the Hot Girl at the Supermarket and the Hot Girl at the Video Store seems disjointed. I feel like I want to break those three stories up - 1 page-wide panel or 2 panels side-by side for the Supermarket girl, then the story of Girl #1, then 1 page-wide panel or 2 panels side-by side for the Video store girl. The reason I'm suggesting 1 page-wide panel or 2 panels side-by side is that you are completing a thought horizontally, and then changing the subject vertically. For some reason, changing the subject in the midst of a horizontal it a bit jarring. Of course, that might be what you were after.
ImageImage

b.patrick

Post by b.patrick » Sat May 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks!

No, I wasn't going for jarring -- I hadn't really thought about the horizontal vs. vertical shift but it's a good point. The idea was to have random selections from the thoudsands of girls who have rejected me expanding on the significant/interesting girls. Having the main story bookended between two random numbers seemed an efficient way to show that this story is just one of many. It seems like while it would be smoother - a whole row is too much space for the bookends. No? Am I wrong?

b.patrick

Post by b.patrick » Fri May 30, 2008 7:46 pm

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:37 am

How true indeed.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

Okie Dokie

Post by Okie Dokie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 am

Yes, that strip speaks the truth. Not that we'll stop doing them :D
Good one. I liked the first one too and the "stop looking pervert" girl

Morin

Post by Morin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Love this last one ! :D

b.patrick

Post by b.patrick » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Thanks! You make these things and put them out there and wonder who's seeing them - do they like them - and get precious little feedback. This forum is great for that - thanks.

tpiro

Post by tpiro » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:49 pm

The latter comic is great! Thanks for sharing.

maxdeth

Post by maxdeth » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:19 pm

I just finished reading like... everything on your site.
I am not an illustrator guy so my only criticism is that you do the same comic over and over, like the shallow guy/girl who bitches about something that they are doing later in the same page. This is obviously a strong theme and worth revisiting, but sometimes the diff comics are too strongly similar. Like the ones exploring hypocracy specifically.

I thought Second Callback was awesome... very well done. You have a way of interleaving 2 storylines or 2 pieces of dialogue into one so that more can be drawn from them as a whole that is really great.

b.patrick

Post by b.patrick » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:09 pm

maxdeth wrote:I just finished reading like... everything on your site.
I am not an illustrator guy so my only criticism is that you do the same comic over and over, like the shallow guy/girl who bitches about something that they are doing later in the same page. This is obviously a strong theme and worth revisiting, but sometimes the diff comics are too strongly similar. Like the ones exploring hypocracy specifically.

I thought Second Callback was awesome... very well done. You have a way of interleaving 2 storylines or 2 pieces of dialogue into one so that more can be drawn from them as a whole that is really great.
Thanks for the feedback! I do like to do comics where someone's being hypocrite - maybe too often, I think you're right. And the two comics about second-order hypocrisy started as one and are nearly identical - I thought if I posted them far enough apart no one would notice. Thanks for the compliments -- and I'll definitely consider the helpful criticism and try to improve.

b.patrick

Post by b.patrick » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Scruffy

Nomanisan

Post by Scruffy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:43 pm

HAH! These are great - the webcomics one made me laugh. Great cartooning, great storytelling.

-Scruffy

b.patrick

Re: Nomanisan

Post by b.patrick » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Scruffy wrote:HAH! These are great - the webcomics one made me laugh. Great cartooning, great storytelling.

-Scruffy
Thanks, the stuff on your site is gorgeous -- I love it.

b.patrick

Post by b.patrick » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:51 pm