Eclectic Comics

Post comics.
andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:48 pm

I discovered a resource I like. It's called ComicsCareer.Com

Every day they ask a different cartoonist ten questions. The questions are always the same, but the answers are always different. What can we say? We have different drummers!

Today was my day. Check it out here:

http://www.comicscareer.com/?p=881

They are looking for more cartoonists, so if anybody's interested, drop them a line!

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm

This is a poster I made to advertise a release party and art show Mar. 21.

Our local paper did a write-up about my art and this show. Was on the front page!

http://www.morning-times.com/articles/2 ... 705489.txt

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:09 pm

In lieu of aftershave and ties, I asked my kids to make me a comic strip for Father's Day instead. I know they're broke, and I've got enough Brut by Faberge. Well, before I share their comics, let me show you this piece of art (above) first. I sat down with the first graders one day while they were making Paper People (they aren't called Paper Dolls anymore). I made a set that looked like my family. I brought it home and put it where all great art goes -- on the fridge.

The trick to making Paper People is to fit all the details for each person within the same general shape. The uniformity and repetition evokes a child-like aesthetic. My daughter Anna (third from left) had just gotten a haircut that was alarmingly short. I was soon to pay dearly for my frank, but accurate portrayal, as you will see later.

Great comic, huh?

My daughter attends BBC, or Baptist Bible College. It's a good school, but they're pretty strict about what they allow on the television in the lounge. I have to keep her informed on what she misses because of this media blackout.

Next comes David's. First, he draws Andar as he might behave if he were under the control of the Puppet Master.

Next, it appears that someone has turned me into a snowman. I really like my Father's Day gifts!

It was a little late, but here is Dan's contribution to the Father's Day Comics Roast at the Wales' house. Not only is it funny, but it's actually a pretty realistic portrayal of what it's like when I need his help with computers! He will be a good IT person, because he can patiently explain things to me!

KJones

Post by KJones » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:29 pm

neat comic :D and thanks for the link.

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:59 pm

You're welcome!

andrewwales

Re: Eclectic Comics

Post by andrewwales » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 am

I made this comic a couple years ago. It was for an anthology that never saw print. The idea was that every artist would draw their interpretation of the scene below:

"You are in a dark room when you hear the following series of sounds: chrrt, vreep, plink, skssst, blurgle, ving, frungt, paf, spang, wfft, tchug, tchug, reeeee, ka-tong, wham, smurchle boof, tsss, ting."

No additional sounds or words were allowed. Here's what I came up with.

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:45 pm

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:47 pm

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm working on my dissertation and I've been doing a lot of reading from educational journals and textbooks. That reading can sometimes be kind of dry, so I really appreciate how author Michael Quinn Patton writes in an informal style and includes a lot of parables, jokes and cartoons.

This comic is inspired by one of Halcolm's Law's of Inquiry. Halcolm is a fictional sage-like character created by Patton, a qualitative research expert. The cartoon guy standing next to "cartoon me" is how I picture this character. It was fun to make a comic of some of these heady concepts!

This cartoon illustrates how there's a lot more involved in doing research than you might think at first!

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:57 pm

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:56 pm

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:49 am

Latest comic. I plan to have Eclectic Comics #5 ready by October.