The Librarian

Post comics.
Mr. Chuckles

The Librarian

Post by Mr. Chuckles » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:32 pm

It's been a while sice I posted anything here, but this is a 12 page strip I drew from a script by the mighty Shaenon Garrity of Narbonic fame.

I had mentioned to Shaenon at a party at the Cartoon Art Museum during Wondercon 2007 that I was thinking of experimenting with something other than Pewfell & possibly working with other writers. The very next week she sent me the script for this. I loved the story, the fact that it was a bit more female-focused than much of what I have done before and that it was nearly wordless. I spend a long time on the character & setting design and really planned the whole thing out a lot more than I usually do. I also really wanted to push the coloring and layout further than I have before, and the script offered some great opportunities for this.

Anyway I'd love to get some feedback on it - thanks :)

Image[/img]

Sanaril

Post by Sanaril » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Nice!
The scene of the library tower jutting out of the sand will probably make most people think of Avatar, but the visuals of the sunken stacks were really cool and imo awesomely original :)

Mr. Chuckles

Post by Mr. Chuckles » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 am

Thanks -- I just drew them the way Shaenon wrote them :)

Tmara

Post by Tmara » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:37 pm

That's a lovely piece! I think your colours are very nice and the character design is good as well, especially that monster ^^ creepy guy with his eye on his chest...

Jeff Chapman

Post by Jeff Chapman » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:37 pm

I agree! I really love those library stacks isolated in the water. What a cool concept.

jeff

William Ward

Post by William Ward » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Nice! Ever since I saw the 'The Wizards of Ur' Blog go up I have thought that you should all put some stories together and make a trade under the same title as your Blog.

Mr. Chuckles

Thanks!

Post by Mr. Chuckles » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks everyone! I hope will will pull together a Wizards of Uranthology before too long.

William Ward

Post by William Ward » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:25 am

Sweet. I will keep an eye out.