Mr. Depression and Me

Post comics.
Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:31 pm

That'll learn ya to be happy! :lol:

Veleno

Post by Veleno » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:33 pm

Jason C-M wrote:I think it's cool as it is, but if you want it to look more like an 8 year old drew it, your lines are way too clean and confident. You could take a stroll through your local elementary school and check out the art on the walls.
That reminds me of something I've been noticing lately. Ever time I see a picture in a commercial or movie that was allgedly drawn by a kid, they are clearly the work of a more experianced artist. One can tell because all the circles are round, everything stays in proportion, and anytime something isn't colored staying within the lines it looks intentional.

Jason C-M

Post by Jason C-M » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:59 pm

My favorite related example is in the movie Thunderheart, where this feather in a circle graffitti is supposed to have been scrawled onto a door as a warning or something. Man, it was beautiful, it obviously took hours. The "paint drips" were lovingly rendered and artistically placed.

Nice to see that first Mr. Depression strip again. I fondly remember that one.
Fun for Brains and Eyeballs!
with Drawing a Blank: News from the Drafting Table
http://www.cheeseman-meyer.com

douglas a. bot

Post by douglas a. bot » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:21 pm

I want a Mr Depression action figure with fist flying taser action.

Love these Kean. Very cool stuff.

d.

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:20 am

douglas a. bot wrote:I want a Mr Depression action figure with fist flying taser action.
Me too! I wouldn't mind one with ball busting action, either.

Hmmm...

dan

Post by dan » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:44 am

Not too shabby, kean. Mr. Depression looks more like "mr. angst" to me. :) Also, Mr. Depression's head reminds me of a Dorito. :)

Dan

O

Post by O » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:42 pm

I just looked at these. They're hilarious! You really should make t-shirts of Mr. Depression nad-busting. I'd sport one in a hot second--I'd even pay for it! :lol: Or wait--if it's Mr. Depression, shouldn't it be more... :cry: ?
Reminds of a business concept I had: start a Depresso bar. Instead of coffee, you could get a depressecino made with real Valium!
"...footballs of entagled centuries would burn out in the sparks of bubbling light waves."
--Kazimir Malevich, 1918

chris

Post by chris » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:41 am

kazu pointed out the wobbly arms every time LittleKean gets nailed.....i almost wet my pants laughing