Bug & Worm...by hand?

Post comics.
almo

Bug & Worm...by hand?

Post by almo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:33 pm

It's been a while since I've posted my own work here on the boards, so I thought I'd go ahead and show something. I finally started drawing my comic Bug & Worm by hand. I'm still doing the pixel version, too, though. I'm doing one of each every week now (we'll see how long that lasts) and calling the hand-drawn version Bug & Worm Adventures. Very corny. Anyway, here's the first hand drawn Bug & Worm I did:

and here's the first Bug & Worm Adventures strip:

So, critique away! And if you happen to have already seen these and are sick of me talking about it, I apologize!!

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:52 am

I like the pixel ones better..maybe make these that you've made into pixels, like up close and stuff..i've always wanted to make a comic like that but about maniac mansion or zak mckrackin' that's dreamy.

andrew fulton

Post by andrew fulton » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:01 pm

I think I prefer these to the pixel ones. The pixel ones seem a bit more polished, but that might just be a result of practice or something? I don't know.
I think there's just a lot more scope for expression, there's a lot of physical stuff going on in the strips that could come across stronger in the drawn ones.
You could probably spend some more time on the linework - varying line widths and stuff to give it a bit more weight, but I think they're great.

Og

Post by Og » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:49 pm

For what it's worth, I like the hand-drawn stuff much, much better. I know the pixel-stuff may seem more original or something, but you are getting a level of expression here that you never got from the pixel versions. I'd actually be interested in reading a story done in this style, where I have limited patience with the pixel style. You know, for what it's worth...
ImageImage