Norse Mythology, and the News

Post comics.
Karp

Norse Mythology, and the News

Post by Karp » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:44 pm

I recently began doing comics, and I consider these to be my two best drawn pieces to date. There is a third that I am having trouble posting, but I may put it up later. Critiques welcome. Thanks.

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:09 pm

I love them both!

I totally agree with the first one! I like everything about that one. The lettering style fits perfectly. When I saw it was going to be about Norse mythology, I was surprised to see quirky drawings and lettering - but it was a good surprise.

Can't wait to see more of your work. Do you have a website?

Gunwhale

Post by Gunwhale » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:42 pm

I liked the first one a lot. Nice set up, and Odin's line was golden.
Image Image

Karp

Post by Karp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:19 pm

Thanks. Glad you liked them. I don't have a website at the moment. I've done about six or seven comics that I think are presentable and plan to put them on a site when I have more.

As for the lettering, I'm glad it came off as "quirky" rather than just clumsy. It's something I'm working on improving.

There's a third comic that I'm having trouble posting. I'm trying to host it on <A HREF="http://photobucket.com/">Photobucket</A>, but it isn't working. It's a moderately large jpeg. Any advice, or recommendations of alternative hosting?

Tmara

Post by Tmara » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:34 am

Hmm, what's the problem? I use photobucket all the time and although it has the nasty habbit of resizing my bigger files without permission, it hasn't given me much trouble uploading it. It just looks aweful. If that's the problem, just resize it with your own program and upload it again. It should be fine.

Oh and btw, I love the norse mythology comic. The punchline is very surprising. It makes me want to send it to philosphy students ^^

Karp

Post by Karp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:49 pm

When it is uploaded, it doesn't show a preview image, or a large image. No image at all, in fact. When I post it, I just get a "broken image" icon. Like so:

The image is 831 KB, fairly large, but below photobucket's 1 MB size limit.

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Karp,

I sent you a message thru this site with some advice Tony gave me about tech issues.

Karp

Post by Karp » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks Andrew. That was helpful.

I got my image posted in a blog. It went up alright, but the colors are radically altered. Blue and yellow have switched places, but green and white haven't been affected. It is very strange. Here is a link to the page if you want to see it: http://practicalutopianism.blogspot.com/

Does anyone know anything about this?

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:58 am

There are certain modes that are web friendly. I don't know that much about coloring on computer.