Groove Junction (its a comic book! NOW FOR SALE!)

Post comics.
Andre Szy

Groove Junction (its a comic book! NOW FOR SALE!)

Post by Andre Szy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:07 am

Groove Junction is my comic that i am publishing and selling at Wizard World Chicago. If anyone is gonna be there, stop by and say hi - ill hook you up with some free junk. hope you like it!

this is the cover

promo piece and original art i might give away at the show

and some preview pages. sorry they arent lettered here

Last edited by Andre Szy on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:35 am

I like your cityscapes. It looks like a slightly odd place, like Gotham or Metropolis, but with a completely different (and somewhat ambiguous) vibe.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Andre Szy

Post by Andre Szy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:01 am

Thanks man! I really try to just look at different cities and merge em all together, so im really happy that came across!

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:25 pm

this is cool. :) I have a pretty hard time following the story, but the drawings and the actions are good.

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:29 am

This is nice! I like the loose linework, how you handle the graytones, and the fact that she didn't beat up the robbers with her skateboard or something cliche like that.

Good luck with this!
Image Image

Andre Szy

Post by Andre Szy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:52 am

Muffin - thank you! I will try to make it easier to follow with each comic i do. Storytelling is a big deal! I hope people will be able to understand it better with the dialog, but really its important to have it be read just as well without.

Seth - Thanks, thats really nice that you said that - I hope as this story goes along, the cliches just crumble apart more and more.

Tony

Post by Tony » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Good looking stuff, dude. I like that sort of isometric room view on page 2.

If I could make a suggestion, it might be worth darkening the linework on your painted piece. The colours are pretty intense, and the linework gets overwhelmed.

Cheers!

Scott Hallett

Post by Scott Hallett » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:34 pm

I have to say I'm really liking this. Is this a one shot, or a continued story?

Andre Szy

Post by Andre Szy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Tony - Thanks! I think thats pretty smart - and thats something I can still fix on the original.

Scott - Thanks! Yes, this is part one of three. All together the story arc should be a little over 90 pages. I wanted to do it all in one trade-type format, but time just keeps ticking away and I really wanted to have a book. So two more books for this and then I still have a lot more story to tell after that ends.

aaron

Post by aaron » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Awesome work! I'm really glad we traded at the wizard con! Amazing watercolors! I haven't read it yet but plan to enjoy it to the full extent. It shocked me that you recognized my work and my name. I am getting a table next time, do you attend any other cons? You gave a comment on my watercolors, really though, they don't compare to yours.

Andre Szy

Post by Andre Szy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:57 pm

OMG Aaron you dont give yourself enough credit. Your stuff actually made me see something i was missing in my own stuff so take that ok!

Ill be trying to exhibit at the big New York Con in Feb and slightly possibly the smaller Big Apple Con later this year. There are also a few random New Jersey Cons around here where i live that im gonna take a crack at.

Thanks again dude - very nice to meet you. I actually didnt get to read your comic yet either, but im def going to tonight. I hope the con went well for you!

aaron

Post by aaron » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:45 pm

lol thats awesome man,
The con was one of the best experiences I've had, I never would have found artist alley without my writer showing rael and I to it, it being my first con we just saw the costumes and toys and games in the beginning, which sucked but once i got around to the artist tables, got to meet my hero David Mack and many many pros like yourself. It was inspiring to say the least.

Those cons sounds cool, I'm going to have to look in on them, just need enough prints though. New York would rock! But I'm going to have to look in the possibilities.

Andre Szy

Post by Andre Szy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:16 pm

Some people wanted to know, so I just wanted to announce that I updated my site and Groove Junction is now for sale!

Every copy comes signed and with a nice little sketch on the inside.

This is where you get it: http://www.astrobraincomics.com/gj.html