My Gallery Opening Pics

General Discussion
thirdeyeh

My Gallery Opening Pics

Post by thirdeyeh » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi guys.

I don't know if you all saw the paintings I was posting, but the show I was preparing them for has now opened! It was a huge honor to picked by the gallery to do this. IT opened up all kinds of oppurtunities for me.. I have to say as well that I have never been so tired as I was working on this thing. Many a long day and night. The next day I went back to check out the show, minus all of the craziness from the actual opening. It was insanity opening night. Very busy.

And finally me sporting my awesome "lost" t-shirt with the blast door map from the second season on it. I'm a geek at heart.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:23 pm

Congrats, Michael! :D

Flardy Head

Post by Flardy Head » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:11 am

wow what is this? how does one get a show together actually? do they hold shows for fine art cartoonists?

JP

Post by JP » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:05 am

Wow wow indeed! The paintings look really good! Did you say you've posted them here before? I'll have to find that thread.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:58 am

Thanks everyone!

Flardyhead- There are shows for cartoonists. I've not seen any in my area of the world, but Nucleus seems like they showcase that kind of art.

I recieved this show as an invitation from the gallery that shows my work, Bungalow Artworks in Jacksonville, FL. They basicaly just called me and asked if I was interested in doing a split show with another painter from the area.

JP- Here are the topics I posted on a couple of the paintings.

http://www.flightcomics.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=
http://www.flightcomics.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

JP

Post by JP » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:46 am

Found them! But thanks. I especially like the girl staring out of the window. The portrait of your father is really nice too.

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:26 am

The show was great man, I'm going back this weekend with Emily.

All the paintings came out really well. So did you shmooze any clients?? ;)

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:08 pm

JP- Thanks! Yeah the one of the girl looking out the window is my wife actually. She's a hottie 8)

Josh- Thanks for coming out to it. Let me know what youthink when you and Emily head over there. I actually did talk to a lady for ten minutes about a commission. We'll see what happens. I've had a few print sales and the gallery bought one of the pieces (the Biltmore piece). So far its been a pretty good week.