Northern Overexposure comic book!

General Discussion
JP

Northern Overexposure comic book!

Post by JP » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:49 am

The first Northern Overexposure comic book is now out! The book was revealed at Tampere kuplii comic con which was held in Tampere, Finland. Here's a few pics of the book.

The book is 88-pages, in full colour and translated all the way (little subtitles underneath the strips). If you happen to be interested, you can order it from me via this link.

Here's a couple of newish strips:

6. Come on, wake up now. Time to get ready. / Sure sure.

1. Where's the opener? / Don't own one. 2. Well I guess it's up to the old faithful - 3. MACGYVER 5. When hungover, a man is horny because he's afraid of dying and not leaving any children. A woman is horny purely out or pity for the- 11. Damn. A twist-off cap. / So you're the one that sawed off the chairleg then?

1. Autobots, transform! 3. What the? Minna's sitting here watching cartoons! We're going out. Come along. 4. It's not just any cartoon, it's Transformers! They're robots from another planet which can transform into objects and vehicles and they battle against each other! 5. So you're seriously staying in on a Saturday night to watch a robot Volkswagen and a toaster match it out? 6. Don't mock me. / If you happen to grow up, you know where to find us. 7. I've made my choice. I'd marry Grimlock if possible. 10. You might be a Transformer yourself. / Don't mock me...

8. Waitaminutewhatwasthisgameagain? / Sweet Fighter III! I misread the title! / Pretty brutal.

Michael Firman

Post by Michael Firman » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:49 am

JP that looks awesome! Congratulations!
ImageImageImageImage

Og

Post by Og » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:22 am

Wow, very impressive!
ImageImage

bluelily17

Post by bluelily17 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:58 am

neat- I wish I knew how to read whatever that language is! But it looks great.

JP

Post by JP » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Thanks you guys! Appreciate it.
bluelily17 wrote:neat- I wish I knew how to read whatever that language is! But it looks great.
It's in Finnish, but like I said the book is thoroughly translated in English (little subtitles running underneath the strips).

angeldevil

Post by angeldevil » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:05 pm

The cover of your book is really lovely. I like your use of color in your strips.

There are some incredible artists in places like Finland and Norway that seem to get over looked even by "Euro-comic fans" like myself. I hope your book does well!

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Looks great, JP! And your coloring always draws me in. Good stuff. :D

JP

Post by JP » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Thanks Kazu and Angeldevil, I hope it does well too. ;)

It's been two and a half weeks since the release and we've sold half of the pressing (so not bad I guess), I'm really satisfied so far.

Flardy Head

Post by Flardy Head » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:13 am

looks amazing! I wish i wasn't a college student. damn college and being poor. Maybe bad money management?

JP

Post by JP » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 pm

Just popping in to let you know that the first batch was sold out in no-time and the second edition just came out. The book has gotten some sweet reviews and it's been nice to get a lot of feedback from the readers aswell.

In case you want a copy, send me an email or head over here to order.

Thanks for all the support and orders so far, it's awesome to see NO has friends abroad aswell. :D

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:18 am

Ah, this is so sweet, JP! Hyvä, hyvä! I do understand a tiny bit of it. :) Your style is awesome, let us know if you translate it to english and puts out an edition. (:

JP

Post by JP » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:00 am

Hey Mette! Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the reply and yes, it's actually translated in English too (the book has subtitles underneath the strips).

ElnJJ

Post by ElnJJ » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:09 am

Muffin wrote:Ah, this is so sweet, JP! Hyvä, hyvä! I do understand a tiny bit of it. :) Your style is awesome, let us know if you translate it to english and puts out an edition. (:
Muffin, you speak about as much Finnish as me! ;) Also, are you the same Muffin as on The Drawing Board? (- El.) Congrats on the success of the book JP, be cool to see more! :) Hyvin hyvä! :P

Marty

Post by Marty » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Hahaha... fantastic!

Clio

Post by Clio » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:37 pm

Where can I buy Sweet Fighter III? :oops:
- Clio