Printer Recommendations?

General Discussion
Tony

Printer Recommendations?

Post by Tony » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Hey all - I'm just looking for some opinions and/or experiences.

I need to buy a printer, but I'm not sure what would be best. It will be used for 1) Printing off web pages, receipts, etc. etc. 2) Printing photos (high quality) and 3) Printing some digital art (like test prints for comic pages and maybe some high-quality prints I can frame and put on the wall).

So I THINK I'm looking for a good photo printer that has an ability to do a cheap-o econo-mode for printing text pages.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Tony

Post by Tony » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Or I suppose I could have done a search...

http://www.flightcomics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6148

Anyone have any updates?

B Moore

Post by B Moore » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:26 pm

The Epson 1280 inkjet I mentioned in the previous thread is still going strong - no fatal clogs, etc., even after sitting idle for long periods of time. It's probably around two years old by now. I've used it for quick photo printouts and some text pages, but these days I mostly use it to make 11 x 14 prints for sale. Not sure how economical it would be for large-scale print production ... the carts cost between $25-30.

One downside I noticed just recently, is that if the color cart runs out, it refuses to print at all until it's been replaced (even if you're printing a b&w page.) So you'll want to have lots of carts on hand.
Brian
ImageImage

Tony

Post by Tony » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:38 pm

Hey, I just talked to MY DAD and he said he had that drying-up problem with an older epson, but that his new one is bloody fantastic.

Hm.