Painting Classes in Chicago?

General Discussion
Joltz

Painting Classes in Chicago?

Post by Joltz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:04 am

Hallo all,

I am currently taking a beginning painting class at my school (Columbia College Chicago). I'm having fun with it and would like to continue learning after I graduate soon. However, what I'm taking now is focusing on the basics of realism and I was wondering if there were any schools or workshops in the area that would support a more alternative/cartoony/illustrationy style?

I know style can't be taught, but I guess I'd just like to be surrounded by like-minded artists. Any help is appreciated!

bluelily17

Post by bluelily17 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:12 pm

Hello fellow columbia college person! I'm not sure of any comic drawing classes/cartoony classes here in chicago, you might just want to check the postings at Pearl, Utrect, or the Art Store on State Street. Sometimes there's postings there for different supplemental classes. If these places don't work, I'd just suggest getting books of styles you like for ideas and drawing a lot. I personally just stuck to taking life drawing classes, because no matter what kind of drawings you make, it's those life drawing classes that really help you to get the form down. And Columbia has a free session of that for students and alumni on Thursday nights in the Wabash building.