Wii Whee!

General Discussion
gau dog

Wii Whee!

Post by gau dog » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:12 am

Whee! My bro got a Wii and after playing it, it was pretty decent. The motion sensing was great and overall seemed accurate. It detects wrist twists even. Though when I played some games, like Wii Sports, I'm boxing, and throwing punches directly at my opponent and I'm just missing. Could've been a difficulty handicapp though. I'm not much of a gamer, most of the games I played were fun for a few hours but not the most addicting I've ever played.

ikaruga

Post by ikaruga » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:31 pm

: )

Zelda s way too much fun !

Vince

Post by Vince » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:29 pm

Showoff. :P Of all the Wii games I played at demo kiosks, Wii Tennis seems the most fun. I could see myself playing that with friends, fueled by pizza and beer.

(Incidentally, is that you? For some bizarre reason, I thought you were a guy.)

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:00 pm

Check out those next gen graphics on the third to last pic...and people were worried it wouldn't be able to compete with the other two consoles pffft!:P

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:05 pm

We got the console here at work, and we've been having fun trying out the Wii sports, playing one against the other.
We also got Zelda (looks wonderful) and Super Monkey Ball (actually giving me motion sickness...whole background swaying!)
And Trauma Center! Yesh!!

Overall, impressed with the Wii :D

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:24 pm

^
Hehe yeah we've got a few at work too. I had to design the icons for the Controller help Screens in the game I was working on. Everytime they changed the damn controller I had to go through all the files and change the frigging thing again and again and again. To be honest I've had enough Wii controllers to last me a lifetime ;) j/k

Yeah it's a great little console, I'll be buying one after christmas. I'm not really a console guy, so the fact I'm buying this is a big thing for me. I think it's probably going to come out on top between all 3 big names. It's more affordable than the others, it's quirky, it's got the characters, it's got the gameplay, it's got the stories and it's not all about graphics :]

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:52 pm

...and I bet I could get my dad to play that tennis game with me too!
(hope to be getting one before the holidays, sos I can bring it home and have fun with the rest of the family)

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:41 pm

Bowling and baseball... love it.

Charlie the choo choo

Post by Charlie the choo choo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:28 pm

If you own a Wii, I hate you more then words can express.
To view the last of me, a living frame
For one more picture! in a sheet of flame
I saw them and I knew them all. And yet
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew. "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came."

Roseparchment

Post by Roseparchment » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:49 pm

wii boxing.

Dresden Codak

Post by Dresden Codak » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:42 am

Just finished the main story in Twilight Princess two nights ago. It's Art in video game form.

Also, Wii Boxing provides an unnatural amount of entertainment. Float like a butterfly...

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:17 am

Whoa, lotsa love for Wii boxing in here. Not to, um, Wii on people's parade, but I found the controls for boxing too imprecise and -- vague? -- for me. I'm guessing part of the fun is virtually pummeling your friends' Miis. The disclaimer is that I didn't play for very long, so my opinion is more about the "pick up and play" experience and not so much the "ownership" experience.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:09 am

Wii Tennis is worth the price of admission for me. It's like a dream come true. I always wanted to play a video game like this. And Twilight Princess is definitely the best fantasy game I've ever played, and I'm only about two hours into it. I really do think this is the future of gaming. The last time I felt like this was the first time I played Super Mario 64. I'm still astonished at how well the system works.

Well, it was fun, but it's time for me to get back to work... :)

Joseph Park

Post by Joseph Park » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:01 pm

So, I'm going to assume... no one decideded to get a Playstation 3? :wink:

dontreply

Post by dontreply » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:46 pm

tennis, bowling, and golf are pretty fun. my only problem is that i get WAY too into the game so i start swinging the wii-mote like i'm actually playing the sport so i get tired out pretty fast. why does everybody seem to like boxing so much? maybe i just suck at it. zelda looks really good as well!