ANN: Stumptown Comics Fest early-bird deadline

General Discussion
Indigo

ANN: Stumptown Comics Fest early-bird deadline

Post by Indigo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:17 pm

This is just a quick reminder that the deadline for Early Bird registration is coming up at the end of June. Plenty of tables are still available for just $60 for a full table and $40 for a half-table. After June 30 the rates will go up to $90 for a full table, and $50 for a half. I know last year I was pretty lax with the deadline, but this year I'm going to need to be a bit more strict about it, so please, if you know you want to exhibit at the show, and you want the early-bird rate, please get your registration forms in soon!

Forms can still be found at http://www.stumptowncomics.com/registration

Also, be sure to check out the list of exhibitors who've already signed up!

http://www.stumptowncomics.com/exhibitors_list

That list just gets more and more exciting every time I update it. And just think, you could be on it, too!

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:43 am

Ah, along with APE, this is now one of my favorite events. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys in Portland. :D

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:49 pm

And we're looking forward to having you & Amy up here! Is there a good time for me to call and talk about some promo art for the show?

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:59 pm

Any time after 10 am works for me. I'm just working in the studio on Amulet round the clock, so I'll be available...

JonS

Post by JonS » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:23 pm

I'll be at stumptown for YAND vol2...pretty psyched to meet ed brisson and the other contribs who can make it.....ah, sunny portland....

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:52 pm

Portland in October, eh? I might maybe possibly be able to go to that. But I don't know yet. It would be very cool. I've only ever had a table at a comic convention once before. People kept asking me if I had any books they could buy but I hadn't brought any...
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:09 pm

So I finally decide to stop whining about how I can't really afford it, and how I don't even know for sure where I'll be living a month and a half from now, and just sign myself up for Stumptown, only to find out that it's SOLD OUT! Grrargh!

Is there anyone who's going who's willing to share a table? Are the tables big enough that this is even possible? :cry:

EDIT: Never mind. I was on the waiting list and just got a table yesterday anyways! Yay Stumptown!
Last edited by jdalton on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

goRaina

Post by goRaina » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:41 am

Man, I really wish we could make this show! As it is, Dave and I will be in Oregon (for the first time) from October 13-16...then we're back to NY for wedding prep. It would've been great to squeeze in Stumptown, but it wasn't meant to happen!

Next year...for sure!

Ainsley Fish

Post by Ainsley Fish » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:56 pm

It kind of angers me that I live across the river from Portland right now but I'm going to be off to college next week. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak away from work and classes to go to stumptown to check out all of the super cool peeps.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Okay, another stupid question- does anyone know what the rules are for crossing the border with a bunch of books to sell? I admit I haven't even been to the States since that whole airplanes-and-buildings thing a few years back, let alone tried to cross with commerce in mind.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Ainsley Fish

Post by Ainsley Fish » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:41 pm

Well it's been my experience that going over the border with a passport is cake. I really don't think it should be a problem, but you never know.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:24 pm

I've got a passport just in case, even though the new passport requirement for Canadians isn't supposed to be in place yet. It was the selling stuff that I was worried about. But someone's just answered my question, so... I'll stop side-traking the thread now, I promise. :oops:
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image