Is drawing a hobby, or is it something you live for?

General Discussion

Is drawing your life or hobby?

Spare time hobby.
37%
I live for it./I live for it, its my job.
63%
I dont draw, just reading this...:P
No votes
Other...
No votes

Total votes: 19

Dek

Post by Dek » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:52 pm

It's currently my hobby, as well as a few classes in my school career. The main problem is that I get good marks in both Art subjects (Art, English, Music), as well as academic subjects (Chemistry, Math - ew, I'm so good at that it hurts, Physics). I really don't know what I'm going to do in university; it'll probably be some sort of I-don't-want-to-sleep-ever double major, or else I'll be forced to make a decision, which I'll undoubtedly regret later, whichever path I choose. Waste of a mind, or waste of a hand? Ugh.

For now it's a hobby. I'll stick with that.

Bob the Emu

Post by Bob the Emu » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:17 pm

Drawing for me is a hobby but I wish it was a lifestyle.
I dont think I could ever stop drawing(even if its bad) ,for whatever odd reason it seems like I was meant to do it.
And if I hadn't found Flight I would probably still be freakishly depressed. :D
"CHEATER!!!LIAR!!!!!!HERPES!!!!!!!HERPES!!!!!"-Dane Cook

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:45 am

Dek wrote: I really don't know what I'm going to do in university; it'll probably be some sort of I-don't-want-to-sleep-ever double major, or else I'll be forced to make a decision, which I'll undoubtedly regret later, whichever path I choose. Waste of a mind, or waste of a hand? Ugh.
Don't knock academic subjects. The strangest things can make you a better artist (even math? Maybe not math.) Most of what I know about drawing came not from school but just from doing it (although school helped a bit).

Jonathon Dalton
A Mad Tea-Party

dan

Post by dan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:45 pm

i work as a web designer right now, but i am in the process of redoing my website so i can start marketing my illustration/drawing work.

dan

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:01 pm

I have the inability to know where to start making art my life. I also have the inability to do anything other then draw. I have all the time in the world seeing as I got laid off not too long ago for drawing too much at work and yes, that's the honest truth. How to make it in the world doing illo's and the like, I have no friggin' idea. I'd love to find out.

Art is the only thing I am.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:37 pm

Uuhhhh....LIVE FOR!

Not my job yet but...I'm workin' on it! :P
Visit the Tragic Planet!

ren

Post by ren » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:30 pm

I live for design and illustration since 2003, recently, I sign up in the local Arts School; its funny because I have more experience than my classmates, but Im learning new things... you always learning something new in school.

The_Noik

Post by The_Noik » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:31 pm

Not only at school, you will always learn things,
but sometimes people dont even notice it. :wink:

Captain Uglyhead

Post by Captain Uglyhead » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:20 pm

Drawing's just a hobby for me. I harbour a great love for the rendered image, but I do not pursue it myself. Right now I'm happy doodling in the margins, and admiring the works of those more daring and capable than I.
It follows the continuity of the third Ziganokum movie. It stars Shrub Mikanore as Ziganokum and Bizzorum. With Johothin Griggor as Nebulox.