- Posts: 1360
- Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 2:14 pm
- Location: France
If you like jazz, go THERE
for a nice animation clip.
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:40 pm
- Location: Alhambra, CA
that was fun~ I especially enjoyed the end.
- Posts: 1036
- Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:12 pm
That was nifty!
Red block of destruction! Oh no!!
Coltraine's the man.
Visit the Tragic Planet!
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:43 pm
- Location: Burnaby, BC
That was neat.
Has anyone seen Begone Dull Care by Norman Maclaren? He does a similar kind of thing in that, in terms of, I guess, expressionistically animating to a jazz soundtrack (in his case, Oscar Peterson). It's pretty awesome.
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:40 pm
I watched that about 3 times.
About to make it four
Damn, I love Giant Steps.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:06 am
- Location: Philly
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:38 am
- Location: Dorkémon Academy
Hey, where's the rest of the song?!
That was seriously awesome though. Now, if someone could do a Fantasia-like project set to jazz ...
- Posts: 438
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:06 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
Great stuff! I always thought "Giant Steps" would be a great soundtrack for an animated short (though I imagined giant robots, nothing as elegant as this.)
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:39 am
- Location: San Francisco, CA
that's awesome. I just borrowed a john coltrane cd this morning cuz I hadn't heard giant steps in forever....
- Posts: 465
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:47 pm
- Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Man, that was cool. That was super cool. I really like how the animator played on Coltrane's bends and shouts on his saxophone. My only complaint: too short!
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:30 am
- Location: Arlington, TX
Wasn't too impressed at first. But it became very cool, very quickly and I was hooked.
- Posts: 163
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:21 pm
- Location: UK
weatherwise wrote:Has anyone seen Begone Dull Care by Norman Maclaren?
Yep! The first thing that popped into my head when I started watching this one.
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:20 pm
hell yes!...thanks so much!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests