Daily Grind Iron Man Challenge

General Discussion
Phil McAndrew

Daily Grind Iron Man Challenge

Post by Phil McAndrew » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:11 pm

Just a heads up for any web comic addicts out there...

The Daily Grind Iron Man Challenge is a competition between online comic artists to see who can maintain the longest Monday to Friday update schedule. Each artist will be putting $20 USD on the line. The last man left standing takes the entire pot. The contest will begin on Monday, February 28th.

I will be participating in this, along with other webcomic giants such as Brian Fukushima, Jason Turner, Dean Trippe, Jamie Dee Galey, Jeff Bent, Robin Bougie, and a ton of others.

Daily comics from Dean!?!?! And jason Turner!?!? And Brian Fukushima!?!? And all of these guys!?!? Exciting!!! February 28th will be a grand day for web comics.

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:02 pm

I am NOT a webcomics giant. I'm like a webcomics flea. 'Look at me, look at me, I'm a webcomics flea!'

Still, I'm mega-excited about the Daily Grind. I'm pretty stupid to think I could even stand a chance with some of the guys entering, dudes who can put out a million comics a week, but you know...what the hell.

I'll probably be out inside a week. Dang it.

Phil McAndrew

Post by Phil McAndrew » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:03 pm

I can't see myself lasting too long either.

I'm still super excited about it though!

Fun!

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:44 pm

Good luck to one and all! Anyone care to make a small side wager (my money's on my boy Jason)? :wink:

Phil McAndrew

Post by Phil McAndrew » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:19 pm

Kean wrote:Good luck to one and all! Anyone care to make a small side wager (my money's on my boy Jason)? :wink:
Man, I was so pleased that Jason joined. I mean daily comics from Jason Turner? Who could ask for anything more!?

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:35 pm

Ohhh, Jason is a comics-making machine. Getting him to actually scan and post his pages to the inter-web is another matter...

RyanE

Post by RyanE » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:20 am

Aw, man. I would SO be in on this if I wasn't moving to Thailand soon where I'll have internet access about once a week. How often does the challenge start anew? Cause I want in at a future time.

Ryan

ed brisson

Post by ed brisson » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:18 am

Ryan, that's too bad. I'd like to see you in the contest.

The next round will start after this one ends. If it goes as long as the first one did, it could be a year before the next round. Maybe longer.

Duzty23

Post by Duzty23 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:49 am

Kean wrote:Anyone care to make a small side wager (my money's on my boy Jason)? :wink:
I don't know Kean...

With $1100 in the pot, anyone could strut the stuff for awhile...

Me, I'm just praying the bigger names get snagged by an oversight in the rules, opening the doorway for us smaller fish...:twisted: :twisted:

Nah... I have good hope for all the competitors.. including myself...