Miyazaki and Moebius chat

General Discussion
B Moore

Miyazaki and Moebius chat

Post by B Moore » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:58 pm

Sorry if this has been posted before ...

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/interv ... bious.html

The text is apparently translated from a French-language video of the two chatting (link to that here):

http://animeland.com/index.php?rub=articles&id=623
Brian
ImageImage

Mac McCool

Post by Mac McCool » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:16 am

I saw the exhibit about a week ago. It's a fun one and the videos are great (there was another one where Miyazaki went over the process of creating a film in great detail -- a lot of it is common knowledge to animation folks, but his comments about techniques, seeing how much of a ruthless, yet courteous, perfectionist he was with his team was astonishing). I bought the catalog, which reproduces more than half of all the work displayed in the show. The commentary is nice, but not super enlightening. AND it's both in French and English. It's available for sale online directly from the exhibit website (click on the button labeled "Acheter le catalogue ou l'affiche"). However, then it gives you a form and a request to send a check in Euros to someone called Kelly Bussell. That person's e-mail is there, and I'd hope you could work out something!

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:28 pm

Very interesting. Thanks for the link!

Mac McCool

Post by Mac McCool » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:21 pm

I'm briefly reviving this thread because I'm currently writing a review of the Miyazaki-Moebius exhibit for The International Journal of Comic Art, and I came upon this link that could please the Miyazaki/Moebius fans out there. It displays a handful of the cool originals that were in the exhibit. Enjoy!

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:19 pm

For years now I've been hearing about how great Moebius is, and I've seen enough of his art to know that it's true, but I've never actually been able to find one of his books. It doesn't help that I don't know any of the titles of his work. Any suggestions for what I should be looking for?

Jonathon Dalton
A Mad Tea-Party

Mac McCool

Post by Mac McCool » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:36 pm

Any early albums for the Lieutenant Blueberry series (signed as "Gir" or "Jean Giraud" -- his real name), The Incal, and Arzach (both signed as "Moebius"). I cannot attest for the English versions linked here because I've got the French ones, but that should be a start! Hopefully, someone else can chime in with suggestions.

Stijn

Post by Stijn » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:25 am

The Hermetic Garage!
Eyes of the Cat,
40 Days dans le desert,

Don't know the translations for the rest.....